Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Who or what sparked your interest in electronics?

Who or what sparked your interest in electronics?

• School/Teacher

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Friends

• Parrents

• Media

• A book

• A magasine

• The internet

• Other (please state in your post)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

drrogla

Just curious...

For me it was definetly my dad, he used to dabble around (I had no clue what he was doing! :) ) and all of a sudden something came to life!! He`s a ham operator so we used to kinda hang out, he`d be talking to people all over the world and I used to unsolder parts from old TVs or radios and kinda rip everything out... :D I learned to solder when I was just a kid...
I don`t remember much technical stuff, because he didn`t keep himself as busy this last years.
I guess thats why I started so I could help my dad out with his creations. Now when I get in a tight spot I usualy ask him for advice.

Božo

P.S.: Hope I didn`t forget an option...

I don't know how I started to be interested in electronics, all I know is that when I was small (8~9 yrs old) I always played with batteries and light bulbs, I didn't have a major stimulus... Later I started to read electronics Magazines and learned everyting from them.

the media. In other words, radios sparked mine. In fact, every single working piece of art out there right now sparked it, because I like to know how each device works.

My Dad's useless with electronics and great with mechanics. I'm useless with mechanics and good with electronics, so it wasn't my Dad that sparked my interest.

My interest came at a very young age and, like jay, electronics magazines became my friend.

Brian

i started out with electrics not electronics. then i started internet programming then computer programming. then i thought i would go back to electrics did that, it was boring so i started electronics.

got that :lol:

I started to learn electronics after getting a huge quote on automating a machine I designed. To begin with I started reading siliconchip magazine then went onto buyin electronic kits and exploring just how they worked. Then I found the pic microcontrollers and the huge resource availble on the net and best of all I found this forum. :D

Cheers Bryan :D

I guess I could say myself :lol:

My first word was 'ight' for light. I have always been fascinated with flashlights and used to own about 20 of them when i was little. When i went over to my grandparents house, my grandma told me that i would walk around and examine each and every garden light every time i came over. oh yeah, and i used to be fascinated with buttons and would go to the arcade and just press all the buttons i saw.

When i was little (around 8) i found out about tools and started to take everything apart so my parents bought me and 200 in 1 electronics kit, i never looked in to electronics seriously untill recently when i wanted to do some work on my car by putting in things that havnt been done in car (ie touch switches) or modify something to do exactley what i want.

I started when i was in scouts. We were on this camp where we built simple LED flashers and strapped them onto kites so we can see them fly at night. The kites never got off the ground because the breadboard was too heavy + the battery.

Then I quit scouts, and developed my own crazy boomerang with the LED circuit in it. (the boomerang body became a breadboard)

From there I grew into electronics.

pike said:
I started when i was in scouts. We were on this camp where we built simple LED flashers

Pike, that camp wouldn't have been Agoonoree '96 (Deniliquin), would it have?... No no, you're 15 now, so you would have been.. 6 years old... then. Anyway, I was assisting (as a Venturer) at that camp - we helped make flashing LED woggles for the scouts. What troop were you in?

I was also the kid who took everything apart, just to "see how it worked". Spent many hours in the basement, rummaging through my dad's boxes of electronic bits, to see what I could find.

Nah, i was in the archer district in Brisbane. As in for 'Archerfield' the airbase.

Then i quit that and moved to sydney.

Funnily enough, I still fit in my scout uniform!

hmm...myself i guess.

I've followed the common principle of "took stuff apart and read magazines."

Plus I've got a new sig ^_^

It just happened

With me, I just grew up liking electronics. Now, my big brother and my father are electro-wizes, maybe that's bc of that... I dunno :? :lol: ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back