Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Who made the greatest contribution to electronics

Status
Not open for further replies.
It hapends!

he deleted mine and i want from 1000 posts to 999.I too didnt know this is posible.

This was a special sittuation, I never delete posts unless:
They contain crap and bad words
It's a double post
I am asked to do it
Special condition (eg joke <- I don't do this!, I did it onece)

You see now it went from 667 to 666.

btw:Is this site opening slow to anyone else.Meaby BitSpitit is hoging to much bandwidth whith its downloads (14 more minutes till il have war of the worlds)

My count DID actually decrease! I posted a reply for jay 2 delete, and was 467... Now, I AM 467... still... This means when deleted, the post loses its count too...

Someone Electro said:
You see now it went from 667 to 666.

btw:Is this site opening slow to anyone else.Meaby BitSpitit is hoging to much bandwidth whith its downloads (14 more minutes till il have war of the worlds)
It's normal 2 me!

It just finished downlaoding the movie (It tock one hour and a frew minutes to downlaod it)

yea i gues its bitSpirit is hoging the bandwidth.(Il simply limit the download speed so i can browse the web normaly)

sorry to drag you back to the topic

Well i just read the posts and i just wanted to ask ....like wasnt there also one called Benjaimn Franklin who started it all? Please do correct me if I am wrong

Re: sorry to drag you back to the topic

mayanktrehan said:
Well i just read the posts and i just wanted to ask ....like wasnt there also one called Benjaimn Franklin who started it all? Please do correct me if I am wrong
The only thing I know about him, is that he Invented By-focals (type of glasses).

allrite but do you not see the difference? I mean look back at all the names that we have come across .....i dont remember anybody being so desperate to discover something that he stood around in a storm flying a kite attached to a metal plate so that he can be touched by the lightning.....I didnt come across somebody as crazy as that ....even though they were all brilliant minds

Yes Ben Franklin did make a very good contribution to discovering electricity.

Although you are partially wrong on your last post. Franklin did fly a kite in a lightning strom, but the lightning did not touch the kite, he wasn't that crazy or he would have died. :lol:

It was an electrical storm and all the static electricity collected on his kite. A common misconception. At least thats what I read.

D.J.

Someone also make an invetion that warns that lightning is coming by ataching some wire on a high place and conecting it to a bell and next to it an nother bell that is grounded and betwean them an litle ball on a string.

Wen lightning was coming the air ionized and so the wire got the ions to the 1st bell so it staticly charged up.Becose of that the ball was atracted to it but wen it hit it (ringing the bell) the ball got charged too so it got atracted to the grounded bell wen hitinh that one it dicharged and got atraced by the charged one agen.and this repeted.So the bels started ginging wen the air got ionised.

In modern days we wod conect an neon tube to this wire insted of an bell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back