Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

who desides who get banned

Status
Not open for further replies.

rjvh

Hi i noticed lately that sertain induviduals droping by on this forum to take the piss out off annything without contributing annything but bull ****

i don't have a offensive attitude but somethimes it realy anoys the crap out of me

i believe that if you don't give the atention to that person he eventualy bugger off

personaly i don't wanna be the judge to ban a person but too many of those fools around will spoil all the fun

what are the cretiriums to be banned is now my question

Robert-Jan

Banning someone for whatever reason will not prevent them from registering under a different username. I have noticed that when I registered I had to include my email address. I don't know if this is possible, but the moderators should quite simply filter these people out by their email address, and also in future, NOT allow the common public email accounts such as gmail, yahoo etc. That way, the current users with these common email accounts are safe from being accidentally banned, and any new member will be forced to enter a valid, traceable address.

I found the best way to not be annoyed by these ID10T's is to simply add them to your IGNORE list. Problem solved :D

Reactions: 3v0
1.When signing in the page should not allow someone to put in abstract locations.

2.They should be given the opportunity to select either.
a. No experience
b. Novice
c. Experienced

3. Category's
a. k12
b. High School
c. College (what year)
d. Hobbyist

Then have the re-direct for kit's, books, ect. And the forum for professionals only.

Thanks for the inspirational post and uplifting opinion.

I have always enjoyed having the **** kicked out of me now and then.

kv

rjvh said:
Hi i noticed lately that sertain induviduals droping by on this forum to take the piss out off annything without contributing annything but bull ****

i don't have a offensive attitude but somethimes it realy anoys the crap out of me

i believe that if you don't give the atention to that person he eventualy bugger off

personaly i don't wanna be the judge to ban a person but too many of those fools around will spoil all the fun

Robert-Jan

Using that sort of language is a good way to get banned.

The moderators and administrator of this forum decide who gets banned.

I assume that this forum won't let you create multiple accounts with the same email address but that doesn't stop people from signing up with different email accounts.

I dissagree with banning all Google mail, Yahoo and Hotmail accounts as that would probably prohibit half of the people here from posting.

rjvh said:

Robert-Jan
Perhaps you forgot that you have agreed to abide certain discipline while registering here on this site. If the site administrator traces that a person had crossed the discipline repeatedly, i feel the adminstrator will do his/her duty for the good health of the site. we may discuss and differ in opinions regarding technical subjects --but we should generally not to worry as to who is there to take care of. please think coolly and you will appreciate.

luckily we are across an international forum and we need not be told what we can be and need not be. our own heart speaks. The administrator will be seeing whether the site is running healthy or something un-warranted is happening and he would do his duty without fear or favor.... this is what i believe.

I agree with Sarma and Hero. Somehow this site has managed to bumble along for many years, with great success, without such measures. The mods and admins do a good job in general from what I've seen, and you have to do more than just make a fool of yourself to get banned. And they're good about temporary "warning" bans--most banned users get a two- or seven-day ban and a warning before being banned permanently.

Sarma is also right in that when joining we all agreed to act like adults, even if we're not. I don't think we need schoolyard rules to treat everyone like children to get them to behave, and an artificial separation between different levels of user would also be not only useless (as it would be trivial to defeat, and everybody would so that they could have access to the "professional" level advice) but downright harmful to the flow of information here.

Torben

SPDCHK said:
I found the best way to not be annoyed by these ID10T's is to simply add them to your IGNORE list. Problem solved :D
I agree with that. Posting a reply to a message encourges the poster to continue. For the most part, if these people never got a single reply they would get bored and go away.

I found the best way to not be annoyed by these ID10T's is to simply add them to your IGNORE list. Problem solved :D[/QUOTE]

Isolating us idiots from obsessive abuses.

Works for me. ;)

I'd much rather be mentored by a Professional.

Than an Expert.

They have more tolerance.

The people that get permenantly banned, are really the ones who decided that issue. The moderators here go well above and beyond what most of us would tolerate in resolving any issues that come up. Different forums have different levels of tolerance. This one is well balanced, and the moderators do a great job keeping it clean and on track. There is/was one forum, you could hardly tell it was for electronics themed projects. The threads were full of p0rn, how to pirate software, DVDs, rip-off vending machines, spam...

We will attract these kinds of people through the search engines, but the never stay long, a few have turned around and play nice here and contribute, after the figure out what will and won't be tolerated.

This is the best forum on the web, as is. The only change I'd like to see is a section of complete an functional projects and circuits, rather then have to search through hundreds of posts. I think it would help reduce some of the redundancy of new members asking for help on basically the same sort of project month after month.

SPDCHK said:
and also in future, NOT allow the common public email accounts such as gmail, yahoo etc. That way, the current users with these common email accounts are safe from being accidentally banned, and any new member will be forced to enter a valid, traceable address.

I don't think you have any idea of how angry your first idea has made me. For some of us, that is the only way to have an email account. Perhaps you fall into the category named in your second idea, and I should add you to my ignore list? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back