Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Which will be Cost effective

Status
Not open for further replies.

vinoth

Hi,
I have three option to use IR sensor for my robotic toy. One is IR transistor and second is Photo diode and third one is Three pin IR receiver. Which will be cost effective. Please suggest me

Hi,
I have three option to use IR sensor for my robotic toy. One is IR transistor and second is Photo diode and third one is Three pin IR receiver. Which will be cost effective. Please suggest me

The first two require lot's of extra circuitry to make them work - the IR receiver is complete in itself.

Depends really what you want to do with them.

Thanks for your reply.IR LED emits signal 36KHz using 555 timer circuit. When any object found I should get the signal from receiver for that I need that.

I planed to use PNA4602M 38KHz IR receiver. Is this cost effective instead of using IR transistors .

I planed to use PNA4602M 38KHz IR receiver. Is this cost effective instead of using IR transistors .

Yes, because you don't have to build all the amplifiers, filters, and demodulators.

You might like to check my webpage

Which shows a far superior version to using 555 timers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back