Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Which LMR cable to use?

Status
Not open for further replies.

john peterson

Hi;
I want to use LMR cable for a small project, but the problem is that I do not know the difference between the LMR cable numbers.
I have searched on Google but I cannot find what I am looking for.
I just want to know / understand the difference between the LMR cables (I.E. LMR195, LMR400, LMR600, etc.).
What do the numbers refer to?
My project is in the microwave range - 2.437GHz.
Thanks.

The LMR cables appear to be foam dielectric types. This type of construction is used for low power applications. If too much power is transmitted, the voltage gradient will be too high and there is the possibility of partial discharge occurring. The transmission frequency is 2.4 GHz which is in the band used for microwave ovens.
You need to provide more information concerning your specific application.

Application is for home networking, as an experiment I am interested in making a directional antenna for my network. Cable length will be less than 10 feet.

Righto Johno,
that's easy; just go for a small diameter coax. It wont matter if you are transmitting or receiving, because the power levels are so small anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back