Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

which browser are you using?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok just did and everything run, what does this tell you?

Thanks :) It tells me your browser is decent. I got 2945 with Chrome, though ;)

You'd have to run it with different browsers on your computer panic mode.

You'd have to run it with different browsers on your computer panic mode.

Not necessarily. It tests the rendering times, image quality, and all those sorts of things specifically for the browser you're testing it on. Have you run it yourself, yet?

bah.. this is not my gaming machine, it has only wimpy integrated graphic...
so that's all it is? someone made little benchmark with couple of test, so what?
a number in "mine is bigger" competition? it does not solve anything, nor tells where to improve.
I just run my FireFox and it failed 4 tests (missing codecs). is it bad browser?
how can it be? unlike chrome, this one scores where it counts - it works on every website i use. take that... :D

hmmm, and IE just scored 3260? cmon...

So what about the browser Derstrom? The metric only has meaning on the same physical hardware with differing browsers... This is basic understanding of benchmark testing..

bah.. this is not my gaming machine, it has only wimpy integrated graphic...
so that's all it is? someone made little benchmark with couple of test, so what?
a number in "mine is bigger" competition? it does not solve anything, nor tells where to improve.
I just run my FireFox and it failed 4 tests (missing codecs). is it bad browser?
how can it be? unlike chrome, this one scores where it counts - it works on every website i use. take that... :D

If it works for you, you're welcome to it. :) I have never had a problem with chrome, and if you did it obviously has to do with your computer, not the browser itself. Chrome works beautifully for me--better than IE and FF by a LONG shot. I'm not knocking your browser. I'm just saying that you shouldn't knock Chrome if your computer can't support it properly. :p

The problem with that statement panic mode is that you're only one user, and you're likely clinging to a browser from a failed perception.

So what about the browser Derstrom? The metric only has meaning on the same physical hardware with differing browsers... This is basic understanding of benchmark testing..

Ah, I think I misunderstood what you said. You've got me wondering now.....

@panic mode, do you still have Chrome installed? If so, would you be willing to re-run the assessment using Chrome? I'd like to see the relative score, if that's okay wit you. Perhaps you had a bad installation of Chrome, and that's why it didn't always work.

IE looks awful, but i was joking on IE score, i never run it. Just wanted to see response.
But the test suite is not very good, I am not impressed.
For example it does not show the per test results, only overall score. That means if you are not sitting there
and staring at it trying to catch things yourself, you may never know what was run and what not
like name of the missing codec (not that i care).
Also not sure what is 7/7 supposed to be. I run it on FF trice and the first digit changes 4/7 3/7 6/7.
So now that I've wasted 30min of my life on total dud, trying to see something I don't care about,
and potentially fix something that may not need fixing, MrFlow is knocking my breadwinner computer.
now that is just mean :p

Last edited:
Panic mode, this is the way browsers will be judged in the future. HTML5 tests, standardized testing... If you have any browse or system that is scoring less than perfect for passed tests it doesn't mater the score, you're going to be missing out on something!

For example it does not show the per test results, only overall score.

You click the score bar for the details. It will give you the results for each individual test.

so now i should run it again? :)
sigh, fine, now i will run it in IE for real...

ouch... 887 on IE (2/7)
makes Chrome and FF look like super stars... i see marketing at work here.

Internet Explorer

884 Points
Version infoMozilla/5.0 (compatible; MSIE 9.0; Windows NT 6.1; Win64; x64; Trident/5.0)Comment

Suite

Result

Rendering

renderGrid01

199.19 fps

renderGrid02

143.32 fps

renderGrid03

9.61 fps

renderPhysics

44.89 fps

HTML5 Capabilities

2/7

webglSphere

N/A

videoPosterSupport

Yes

videoCodecH264

N/A

videoCodecTheora

N/A

videoCodecWebM

N/A

workerContrast01

N/A

workerContrast02

N/A

gamingSpitfire

Yes (49.76 fps)

HTML5 Canvas

experimentalRipple01

9.49 fps

experimentalRipple02

3.66 fps

Data

arrayCombined

4090.50 ops

arrayWeighted

31763.00 ops

DOM operations

domGetElements

112485.94 ops

domDynamicCreationCreateElement

853.07 ops

domDynamicCreationInnerHTML

2517.50 ops

domJQueryAttributeFilters

1213.00 ops

domJQueryBasicFilters

702.00 ops

domJQueryBasics

972.50 ops

domJQueryContentFilters

754.12 ops

domJQueryHierarchy

3755.50 ops

domQueryselector

14596.00 ops

Text parsing

stringChat

20515.50 ops

stringDetectBrowser

160771.70 ops

stringFilter

11672.00 ops

stringValidateForm

144927.53 ops

stringWeighted

55066.08 ops

Last edited:
something i fishy here, i was joking about IE score being high but now the Chrome score is 1060 even though all tests passed and are as smooth as before and only one test was run at a time and there i ton of free RAM and CPU is next to idle.

my verdict is that this test is not reliable measure.

example of page loading issue with Chrome (my Latin course):

something i fishy here, i was joking about IE score being high but now the Chrome score is 1060 even though all tests passed and are as smooth as before and only one test was run at a time and there i ton of free RAM and CPU is next to idle.

my verdict is that this test is not reliable measure.

The assessment depends on a lot of different things, so you will probably get different scores every time.

While we are on the subject of browsers, I have a couple of issues with FF that I can't fix.

First the easy one. I used to have an Add-on that did two things:
1. Showed the data rate when pages loaded.
2. Showed the actual link when you hovered over the link at the bottom of the page. I forget what it was or it just isn't working anymore.

I do miss it.

The second problem is intermittent and beyond hope.
Randomly LEFT-SHIFT keys are interpreted as Control keys. It NEVER occurs in say Microsoft Word. A capital R is the worst. A RIGHT-SHIFT-R always works correctly. A Control R is very detrimental.

I used I.E but I too hated it as it is very slow and takes a lot of time to load a page, for this reason I started using Firefox and to my surprise its far more better than I.E it gives a good speed and has many add ons that probably make my surfing better. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back