Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Where/what country are members from here..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi KV

I enjoyed reading your post. I see I am not the only one who has issues with stupid people :(

Regards,
tvtech

PS: throbscottle nailed it. Buggerall means next to nothing :)

Thanks, TV. Glad you liked it, it seems to me your under a lot of pressure with the things that you have no control over, that can make you crazy. ( I know, I get that way ) so I wanted to connect with you and let you know it's not just there.

Forest Gump: Stupid is as Stupid Does hahaha:p

And FYI: Those 2 guy's were finally fired, ( Not before I was let go with lung disease, from poorly vented "Wave Machine" ) don't know if I will survive it, I just deal with it daily. ( I'll make sure the Misses let's you guy's know )

Not only were these guy's just Ignorant but, they were also racist and demeaning to women. Which by the way I made the one woman in the room, Latino my "Lead" point person hahaha a girl about 20yrs old, she is about 4 foot tall with a real good eye.

Alway's spotted those backward Diodes and Motor chips. Never failed me. The only boards after that were components with infant mortality. ( Failing on first start up ) 1 or 2 out of 300 run.

I was able to retrieve the lost 30% boards we had stacked in the back room for 2 yrs, located and repaired the failed components, washed'em up and worked perfect just like the rest.

That's when I was convinced it was the Solder.

In every industry I've been in for over 30yrs, it's there, alway's there. Can't get away from them.

Regards,
kv

Thanks, TV. Glad you liked it, it seems to me your under a lot of pressure with the things that you have no control over, that can make you crazy. ( I know, I get that way ) so I wanted to connect with you and let you know it's not just there.

Forest Gump: Stupid is as Stupid Does hahaha:p

And FYI: Those 2 guy's were finally fired, ( Not before I was let go with lung disease, from poorly vented "Wave Machine" ) don't know if I will survive it, I just deal with it daily. ( I'll make sure the Misses let's you guy's know )

Not only were these guy's just Ignorant but, they were also racist and demeaning to women. Which by the way I made the one woman in the room, Latino my "Lead" point person hahaha a girl about 20yrs old, she is about 4 foot tall with a real good eye.

Alway's spotted those backward Diodes and Motor chips. Never failed me. The only boards after that were components with infant mortality. ( Failing on first start up ) 1 or 2 out of 300 run.

I was able to retrieve the lost 30% boards we had stacked in the back room for 2 yrs, located and repaired the failed components, washed'em up and worked perfect just like the rest.

That's when I was convinced it was the Solder.

In every industry I've been in for over 30yrs, it's there, alway's there. Can't get away from them.

Regards,
kv

OK. Think about this.

Let us say I have a really good product that I have both designed and developed. I have done it in the midst of the stupidity I have dealt with every day for the last few years. A bulletproof product. Reliability without question. Ever.

I have designed the product that way.....Just me. All or nothing.

So, anyway, around Three Years of testing and not one failure.....

Here is the crux....it has to be assembled and built correctly. Not difficult to do but working with Morons is difficult. So, I think Surface Mount.

Not possible with this thing. Reliability will suffer.

So KV...you can teach me a hell of a lot. Production experience and all........wanna talk sometime?

I need to learn.

Regards,
tvtech

I logged off, to take time for my meds and drop a couple drinks it loosen's my lungs so I can sleep & suddenly I thought one more hit of ETO to find this post, I will sleep more soundly tonight.

Anytime my friend, my door is always open to you. But, just remember I'm a bumbling idiot and I was just lucky among fools.

Thank you for the kind gesture and is my complete pleasure to help in all I can do. I can only post during the weekends otherwise, during work I can't.

Regards,

kv:)

I logged off, to take time for my meds and drop a couple drinks it loosen's my lungs so I can sleep & suddenly I thought one more hit of ETO to find this post, I will sleep more soundly tonight.

Anytime my friend, my door is always open to you. But, just remember I'm a bumbling idiot and I was just lucky among fools.

Thank you for the kind gesture and is my complete pleasure to help in all I can do. I can only post during the weekends otherwise, during work I can't.

Regards,

Hello KV

Stop dong this to yourself....you are not a "bumbling idiot". I am. And I love it :)

Take care my friend.

tvtech

hahaha:p

We make a pair to draw too! Cards 2 pair make a really bad hand. hehe

Have a good one.

Hello Sangoma

I see you are new here. Welcome to ETO :D

All I post on this Forum is fact. I make nothing up. I tell things the way they are.

I have seen South Africa go from a shining beacon of hope to the whole world in 1994 to the dump it is now. Uselessness and complacency is the norm now. Rather than the exception.

I am not a fan of uselessness. I choose not to simply put blinkers on and pretend all is good when it is not.

Because I am not useless. Yet.

Who knows though, with enough time spent around useless people I might eventually start thinking and acting like them.

That scares me.

tvtech

I am not saying what you say is not true, but I can't agree with your interpretation.

I have seen many people in several countries who are hard on their tools. I still use daily the Flukes I bought nearly 20 years ago, one still has the original leads. Until a couple of months ago I still used the same 50 meg scope I bought in the mid 80's. All still look almost new. Just because my neighbour (a Martian) has to buy new ones every couple of years, doesn't mean all Martians are the same. neither does it give any indications of a Martian's mentality.

If I found ten Martians and picked on their faults, it would be very easy to build up a negative picture and apply it to all Martians using these facts.

I don't have the answer to SAs problems, if I did I would probably be much richer than I am now, and not be posting on forums; the problems are complex and certainly not understood by the majority in other parts of the world, however that majority has pre-conceived ideas about SA, founded on many years of being fed rubbish by the press and politicians (on both sides). The ideas really don't need reinforcing.

I am not saying what you say is not true, but I can't agree with your interpretation.

I have seen many people in several countries who are hard on their tools. I still use daily the Flukes I bought nearly 20 years ago, one still has the original leads. Until a couple of months ago I still used the same 50 meg scope I bought in the mid 80's. All still look almost new. Just because my neighbour (a Martian) has to buy new ones every couple of years, doesn't mean all Martians are the same. neither does it give any indications of a Martian's mentality.

If I found ten Martians and picked on their faults, it would be very easy to build up a negative picture and apply it to all Martians using these facts.

I don't have the answer to SAs problems, if I did I would probably be much richer than I am now, and not be posting on forums; the problems are complex and certainly not understood by the majority in other parts of the world, however that majority has pre-conceived ideas about SA, founded on many years of being fed rubbish by the press and politicians (on both sides). The ideas really don't need reinforcing.

Good post.

Regards,
tvtech

Hi Sangoma,

I fully agree with your point of view, regarding the unhelpful constant negative comments about South Africa.

Eric

Hi Sangoma,

I fully agree with your point of view, regarding the unhelpful constant negative comments about South Africa.

Eric

Hi Eric

You were here in SA over the Dec/Jan holiday period recently. How do things look to you now say compared to a few Years back?

Things looking better or worse?

Regards,
tvtech

Hi Eric

You were here in SA over the Dec/Jan holiday period recently. How do things look to you now say compared to a few Years back?

Things looking better or worse?

Regards,
tvtech

hi tv,

As you know I get a 2 month, 'snap shot' of RSA every year, for the past 12 years.

I would say that things are improving generally in RSA.

As you know there was a major change around 1996 which was bound to cause disruption to some of the utility services.

Its going to take time for the South Africa black and coloured population to acquire the same level of practical experience in running the countries economy as the local white population had gained over the past 100 years.

Personally I am confident that RSA will become a leading power in the worlds economy some time in the future.
China is investing heavily in Africa and South Africa which shows that they have confidence in RSA.

I have seen a rapid expansion in the business parks in the Port Elizabeth area of RSA.

E.

hi tv,

As you know I get a 2 month, 'snap shot' of RSA every year, for the past 12 years.

As you know there was a major change around 1996 which was bound to cause disruption to some of the utility services.

Its going to take time for the South Africa black and coloured population to acquire the same level of practical experience in running the countries economy as the local white population had gained over the past 100 years.

Personally I am confident that RSA will become a leading power in the worlds economy some time in the future.
China is investing heavily in Africa and South Africa which shows that they have confidence in RSA.

I have seen a rapid expansion in the business parks in the Port Elizabeth area of RSA.

E.

Now I don't know what to say.

I need to get a life again. Away from the punishment I have put myself through for the last Six years.

I am 50 and I need a Dad. Please adopt me Eric. I promise I will be good and make you proud.

Your son,
tvtech

I share your confidence, in the long term it will develop a solid economic base, then it will grow rapidly

South Africa has all the agricultural lands it need to feed itself and export, they have all the minerals and raw products they need to form a thriving economy, and they have the people, or the means to attract the people they need to make it happen.

Several SA inventions have an impact on everyday life all over the world, they are ( and I say are and not were, as it is still possible once the drive is established to carry on) world leaders in several fields.

Yes, there are problems, but so there are everywhere, you just have to choose the set of problems you can live with most easily.

In many ways South Africa is very similar to the Philippines, and I've noticed in both that the people who succeed are those who ask "What can I do to make my life better", they seem to get further than those who blame the world for their problems. I have to add that in the Philippines I have noticed much less of the hand held out because the world owes them a living, generally a very happy and smiling people, despite huge hardships in many cases.

I can say with some certainty that tvtech's ways of thinking are not shared by any of my friends or family, no matter what moans or gripes they have, but I also appreciate he is not alone.

It's a great place, it will get better, but patience will be needed in plenty.

hi tv,

E.

I share your confidence, in the long term it will develop a solid economic base, then it will grow rapidly

South Africa has all the agricultural lands it need to feed itself and export, they have all the minerals and raw products they need to form a thriving economy, and they have the people, or the means to attract the people they need to make it happen.

Several SA inventions have an impact on everyday life all over the world, they are ( and I say are and not were, as it is still possible once the drive is established to carry on) world leaders in several fields.

Yes, there are problems, but so there are everywhere, you just have to choose the set of problems you can live with most easily.

In many ways South Africa is very similar to the Philippines, and I've noticed in both that the people who succeed are those who ask "What can I do to make my life better", they seem to get further than those who blame the world for their problems. I have to add that in the Philippines I have noticed much less of the hand held out because the world owes them a living, generally a very happy and smiling people, despite huge hardships in many cases.

I can say with some certainty that tvtech's ways of thinking are not shared by any of my friends or family, no matter what moans or gripes they have, but I also appreciate he is not alone.

It's a great place, it will get better, but patience will be needed in plenty.

Good post Sangoma.

Problem is that money is being stolen left, right and center. The ANC is having a ball. Tax payers are funding a never ending ANC party...as in party on all night or all year long. That sucks.

Service delivery has become a sick joke.....and oh well....everything else too.

So, things are looking better = NO.

Going down the drain. Zim here we come.

You agree?

Regards,
tvtech

Last edited:
No, can't agree.

How many years is it since the first democratic government came to power? The negative people said give it a few years, and it would never last 10 years. They have had to stretch their predictions a lot already

The politicians are just acting like politicians.

Service delivery, by whose judgement is it a joke? In many peoples minds it is a great deal better than it was years ago. There is a limited amount of cash coming in, it can't do everything. Inconvenient for some, but a vast improvement for many.

The service delivery for the small minority, was in the past good, simply because all the available funds were used to help the minority whilst forgetting the majority. Now the funds have to be spread out a bit, some things are a lower priority to some people than they are to others.

Some people moan because their streets are not washed and dried every day, some are happy they now have streets. Some people moand because they have planned load shedding and are without electricity for planned 2 hours at a time, some are happy they now have electricity connected to their houses.

South Africa is never going to be the "place it was", but one day it will be good for everyone again.

Hi Sangoma

Where do you live in SA? Just curious. Silly me.

You conveniently missed the part in my post about stealing. You know left, right and center. Are you cool with that?

Because if you are.....you are just another ANC drone.

Regards,
tvtech

Last edited:
It's only 4:10pm where I'm at on this side of the world.

Have a good one.

Regards,
kv

Hi Sangoma

Where do you live in SA? Just curious. Silly me.

You conveniently missed the part in my post about stealing. You know left, right and center. Are you cool with that?

Because if you are.....you are just another ANC drone.

Regards,
tvtech

Why would anyone be "cool" with stealing? No-one unless they were part of the act.

I assume you have proof of it, maybe best to do something constructive and take that proof to the SAP, and if they don't listen to the press. You can be certain that if the proof was factual, it would be acted on by one or the other. I didn't comment on it as it is not unique to SA, nor did it start only after 1996.

Me ANC? That would cause a laugh for anyone who knows me!

i'll bring my own hay in the shack, if you know what i mean, i'm from mikkeli, finland, finnish people so dont get surprised my ''bad'' english :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back