Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Where/what country are members from here..

Status
Not open for further replies.
now NSA knows where to look, eh? ;D

Ok folks, I've started a map on Google. Here's the link:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=zBeb6O1n8ATg.kzm99noBwwLE

It is currently set so that only the owner (myself) can edit. This will prevent any trolling, as unlikely as it may be. All people need to do is post their location and I will add it to the map!

So far only the people who have posted in this thread and have their location listed has been added. If I have forgotten anyone, please let me know!

I will probably post this in a separate sticky, but wanted to post it here as well.

Regards,
Matt
Just noticed, Matt.

Good job! Thank you.

Think I mentioned that you live very close to Craftsbury Common ( by way of Hardwick) where I went to Sterling School (now Sterling College).

Just noticed, Matt.

Good job! Thank you.

Think I mentioned that you live very close to Craftsbury Common ( by way of Hardwick) where I went to Sterling School (now Sterling College).

That depends on your definition of "close". It takes about an hour and a half to get there from where I live, so it's all relative ;)

now NSA knows where to look, eh? ;D

Heya Fez

Intrepid tvtech here :)
NSA ain't after me yet... the guys in helicopters landing in the fields behind me worry me very little.

Training exercise maybe?? Who cares :)

Otherwise how are you? Any new tear down's lately??

Regards,
tvtech

Heya Fez

Otherwise how are you? Any new tear down's lately??

Regards,
tvtech
pretty good actually, hard to get any findings with current occupation, as i'we been under working under as ''rental-worker''. sometimes there are huge amount of work, and sometimes, well, not. very frustrating, hard to think ahead future.....but still, managed to do SOMETHING, like installed my computer on a wall to take off some space on the floor. Bought new case for it too and other visual stuff. Gonna take picture of it in couple days.

Hi ETO!

It's me from the country of world's top peak Mt.Everest- NEPAL where the Lord Buddha was born. Living at south-eastern part of the country.

The country is located between China and India which are the most fertile country for electronics in the world but I just can find some very basic parts about consumer electronics. Frustrating place for electronics enthusiastic!

Hi ETO!

It's me from the country of world's top peak Mt.Everest- NEPAL where the Lord Buddha was born. Living at south-eastern part of the country.

The country is located between China and India which are the most fertile country for electronics in the world but I just can find some very basic parts about consumer electronics. Frustrating place for electronics enthusiastic!

Do you live in a big comunity or it is just a small place?

BTW what is your mother tongue, Willen?

Tony near Toronto

but hometown in Winnipeg, home of the Jets. ( and Princess Auto)

We were lucky to have a small company that sold surplus electronics called J&J that used to ship all around the world and we could spend hours looking at all the parts, modules and elect. assy on for cheap. Something like Fry's in Cali but smaller and before their time.

Do you live in a big comunity or it is just a small place?

BTW what is your mother tongue, Willen?

I am living in a village where I can buy just some chocolates, biscuits and bubble gums. There are some under-developed cities little far (20km to 40km) where I get such basic parts related to consumer electronics.

You asked different variety of questions and this is interesting to me! I am from Nepal and I speak Nepali (नेपाली)

I am just an addicted hobbyist and due to language factor (due to non-english mother tongue) it's little difficult to learn complicated thing so fast.

I am living in a village where I can buy just some chocolates, biscuits and bubble gums.

Somewhere between Kathmandu, Mt. Everest and Sikkim, I guess, with lot of tourist fooling around isn't it?
But with your basic needs :) covered.

That Nepali language seems hard to deal with. Do you understand Hindi?

The closest (really not much) I've been from your country was at Colombo - Sri Lanka discharging sugar from Korea, for about two weeks.

I am just an addicted hobbyist and due to language factor (due to non-english mother tongue) it's little difficult to learn complicated thing so fast.

I spent quite some time at sea so I took advantage to improve my Portuguese and French and also learnt a lot of electronic theory, but no practice (more or less the same as with Playboy or Hustler magazines: you just read :arghh: ). Practice comes later when you go ashore or at home after signing off. :)

Due to the printed material I could buy, I was used to read basically in English, French, Italian and Portuguese but not in Spanish, my mother tongue. The most long and convoluted texts I found, were in French and eventually, Italian language. Why? I do not know. So many words to say simple things.

Amongst my friends and acquaitances there were several electronic technicians. Speaking to them was not easy in the beginning because I lacked the most basic vocabulary in Spanish to discuss even simple matters. Now things have improved :joyful:.

Have you ever been abroad?

Somewhere between Kathmandu, Mt. Everest and Sikkim, I guess, with lot of tourist fooling around isn't it?
But with your basic needs :) covered.
I am around south part of the country which is not beautiful like Kathmandu, Mt.Everest or Sikkim. So tourists rare for me. When I see foreigner tourist with white skin and white hair (or different face) , I stare on them maybe thinking their life styles and broad world. :)

That Nepali language seems hard to deal with. Do you understand Hindi?
Sure, I understand Hindi but little mismatch to speak. Hindi and Nepali script (Font) is totally similar.
The closest (really not much) I've been from your country was at Colombo - Sri Lanka discharging sugar from Korea, for about two weeks.
Seems that you traveled LOT more parts of the world! Wow!

Have you ever been abroad?
I am 27 years old now and became a government permanent school teacher this year. So maybe I never can get chance to go abroad. It might be a regretting thing around 60/70 years old age of mine thinking that I cannot see the real world. Actually I think like this way. :)

Connecticut, The Giant Island of Freedom and Bald Eagles, aka, Southern Canada (the USA). :D

For what its worth, Ive traveled most of the northeast. New York, New Hampshire, New Jersey, Mass, and finally PA.

Connecticut, The Giant Island of Freedom and Bald Eagles, aka, Southern Canada (the USA). :D

For what its worth, Ive traveled most of the northeast. New York, New Hampshire, New Jersey, Mass, and finally PA.

No Vermont? :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back