Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Where to buy a wheel encoder system from...

Status
Not open for further replies.

AceOfHearts

I have my robot chassis which uses some geared DC motors. I want to implement a dead reckoning system with an encoder and IR photoreflectors.

Can anyone kindly recommend a place where I can buy the complete system from? Or at least parts of the system?

Someone gave me a useful link in another forum on building my own system which even had the encoder wheel on the webpage to be printed out. But I dont want to go that route and would much rather buy proper plastic encoder disks with presoldered photoreflector that gives a digital pulse train (actually I tried to build my own but damaged the expensive part and dont want to do it all again).

So does anyone know of any place where I can get the encoder wheel as well as a module with IR photoreflector on it?

Any suggestions very welcome.

Thanks.

Last edited:
This part was absoulutely ideal: **broken link removed**

Its a pitty it has been discontinued. I cant find any similiar substitute product anywhere and I have been searching for days. It makes me wonder why did they ever discontinue this item!

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back