Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Where to buy a good low price solar calculator?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gary350

I checked walmart, kmart and other stores no one sells calculators anymore. Ebay has a few but not what I want and they seem over priced. Online calculator works but I need a calculator for my shirt pocket. I had 2 nice calculators 1 died the other vanished. I need a solar charge calculator sometime handy easy to use at the desk and work bench.

Where to buy a good low price solar calculator?

I saw some cheap battery/solar calculators with the photo of a solar panel on top. It looked real. But the little button battery cell lasts a long time and is cheap.

Office Depot among other places that are brick and mortar office supply businesses. All you need to do is visit an office depot, more or less define what you want as in what functions you want the calculator to do and pick your poison. I have an old TI 31 I got as part of a business course I took about 30 years ago and it still works fine and requires little light to power it. I also have a much more elaborate TI 83 Plus, large, bulky and battery powered. Anyway, I would start with an Office Depot or similar and pick your poison.

Staples Office Supply.

Office Depot.

Ron

I have the TI 83 Plus. That thing got me through many math classes. The graph function was real handy.

I still have a calculator with a blue vacuum tube fluorescent display and another with a red LED display. They ate batteries.

upload_2015-11-24_19-37-43.png

My calculator had all the fluorescent digits on a single display and was small and handheld.

My local pound-shops [translation: dollar-stores] stock scientific calcs and dual-power (solar + battery) calcs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back