Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

where (online) can I buy dual slider pots

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thunderchild

I need some double slider potentiometers, on www.rapidonline.com there are none where else can i look radioshack does not seem to have them, i suppose they will be cheaper than two single ones right ? so far I have found single sliders for 82 pence each but that is going to be 1.64 £ per channel and this a mixer

RS Components?

Farnell?

Thunderchild said:
I need some double slider potentiometers, on www.rapidonline.com there are none where else can i look radioshack does not seem to have them, i suppose they will be cheaper than two single ones right ? so far I have found single sliders for 82 pence each but that is going to be 1.64 £ per channel and this a mixer

That's why I said it's cheaper to buy one! - if you're buying pots and knobs it costs an absolute fortune just for those.

Certainly check RS and Farnell, but neither of those are cheap suppliers - having said that, we used RS sliders on the 'big' mixer I built back in the 70's, because the cheap ones we started with were absolutely useless - so we ripped them out and fitted RS ones.

well now RS want ridicolous sums for single sliders I didn't bother looking for double ones,

Farnell's site is HORRIBLE too complicated the text keeps changing in size and they are too expensive it is cheaper to get two 82 pence sliders from rapid online making it only 1.6 £ per channel (stereo) not 3 odd £

Nigel I want sliders not rotatory pots from what I have seen most mixers are rotatory unless exspensive ones at that point it would be cheaper to make one

Thunderchild said:
Nigel I want sliders not rotatory pots from what I have seen most mixers are rotatory unless exspensive ones at that point it would be cheaper to make one

Have you considered why that is? - it's because decent sliders are expensive!.

How about something like these?
https://www.electro-tech-online.com/custompdfs/2007/04/PDV.pdf
Digikey has 1K and 10K versions for 30 cents each.
I ripped a pair of 100K versions of these out of a super generic ultra cheap flight type joystick I picked up at a thrift store, they're even cheaper than POTS..

thanks but those look a bit rickety I need to screw them to the panel and I want more than 30 mm travel 60 mm is about what I am after.

I think I will go with the ones on rapidonline they look sturdy and for 82 p each well thats better than RS I'll need another singe one per channel anyway to fade from one side to the other it seem that that has become a requirment too but I'm considering a rotatory pot there

Thunderchild said:
thanks but those look a bit rickety I need to screw them to the panel and I want more than 30 mm travel 60 mm is about what I am after.

I think I will go with the ones on rapidonline they look sturdy and for 82 p each well thats better than RS I'll need another singe one per channel anyway to fade from one side to the other it seem that that has become a requirment too but I'm considering a rotatory pot there

Assuming this is a crossfader for two decks?, a slider is more important than the main level controls. And assuming it's stereo?, you will need a double slider as well.

Pity you're not in the UK?, I've got a disco mixer you could have, it just requires a crossfader slider funnily enough!.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back