Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

where can i get this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

stanley

Trying to build a 16f876 programmer but cannot find the programming specifications.
Where can I find them?
Please help
Thanx in advance

stanley said:
Trying to build a 16f876 programmer but cannot find the programming specifications.
Where can I find them?
Please help
Thanx in advance

You can download the programming specs from the MicroChip website at **broken link removed**. Bear in mind the programming for the 876 and 876A are different (EEPROM as opposed to FLASH).

There are already loads of programmers out there, most based on the original David Taid design for the 16C84 - do you have a particular reason to make your own?.

It is very difficult to get the programmers this side so I have no choice but to build mine using locally available components.

stanley said:
It is very difficult to get the programmers this side so I have no choice but to build mine using locally available components.

If you look at programmers like the P16PRO40 - a typical example of a 'David Tait' programmer - the only 'difficult' part is likely to be the buffer IC. You can simply replace each section of that with an NPN transistor and two resistors, one feeding the base, and the other from base to emitter (you could probably also get away without the second resistor).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back