Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

where are my messages ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

n45w73

I tried to post few messages in open threads.
(msg in chitchat about monster, msg obut joule thief ...)
but they are not there ? why ?

I open a new thread myself and it seems to work (like this one )....

Last edited:
Perhaps it's because they were deleted by the moderator as they were not relevant to the topic being discussed.

Perhaps it's because they were deleted by the moderator as they were not relevant to the topic being discussed.

Well, for the Joule Thief thread , I thanks the guy who post links, it was right what I was looking for. I also found another interesting link about it butif moderator think people dont need to read what I have to write .....

For the monters tread, you right, I was talking about Nosferatu, who is n't really a monster but perhap more a vampire ...

Youre right hummm a lot of restriction here it seems ...

Seems strange since the monsters thread is in **** Chat where almost anything goes. It could be a forum glitch as I've seen people post the same thing twice in a thread because they thought the post didn't go through. PM Nigel or another mod and ask.

It is possible you clicked "Go Advanced" or preview instead of post?

Mike.

I'm with Pommie and kchriste here--it would be unusual for something like that to get deleted from ****-Chat, and whenever Nigel deletes a post he leaves a note explaining why. So I think it's something else. Either a forum bug as kchriste suggested, or perhaps you inadvertently clicked the wrong button.

Don't worry--this forum isn't quite as restrictive as you fear. :)

Torben

Well, for the Joule Thief thread , I thanks the guy who post links, it was right what I was looking for. I also found another interesting link about it butif moderator think people dont need to read what I have to write .....

For the monters tread, you right, I was talking about Nosferatu, who is n't really a monster but perhap more a vampire ...

Youre right hummm a lot of restriction here it seems ...
I haven't seen your posts so I don't really know.

I was just suggesting a possible explanation.

I'm not saying this is the case but I thought that it's possible that you could have posted off-topic replies as you're a new member and new people can often do this because they don't know how to use the forum properly.

cool !
forum's message eating monster seems to had run away, cause my messages are now online in the monsters thread
0-)

That is weird because I previously looked at you posts and there are now posts that weren't there earlier. Can someone else explain this?

Mike.

I didn't know that. When was that introduced? Obviously this is news to all the posters above. This must put a huge amount of extra work on the mods.

Mike.

Thinking about this I get depressed. There seems to be more and more draconian type rules introduced for no good reason. I left the UK because of the Nanny state mentality and I now see it starting on this forum.:mad:

Mike.

Thinking about this I get depressed. There seems to be more and more draconian type rules introduced for no good reason. I left the UK because of the Nanny state mentality and I now see it starting on this forum.:mad:

It's been like it for a LONG!!! time - why do you think there's very little spam on this site?.

It's been like it for a LONG!!! time - why do you think there's very little spam on this site?.

That was actually my point, I couldn't see the need for this "new" rule when there wasn't a spam problem. Just out of curiosity, how did this one slip through.

Anyway, my apology, looks like maybe this is needed.

Mike.

Mike.

I can only agree with you about the nanny state in the UK, however I am not completely convinced that Auz is that much better.
I dont have definite proof of this, just a gut feeling that I got on my last (short) trip to Perth.

As far as the forum is concerned, I think that the "Mods" do a sensible job of weeding out the spam and general spurious posts without being overbearing about it.

JimB

I can only agree with you about the nanny state in the UK, however I am not completely convinced that Auz is that much better.
I dont have definite proof of this, just a gut feeling that I got on my last (short) trip to Perth.
JimB

I agree both with you but the difference is that australia has much better weather and if it gets to much there's defenetly more space to dive below the radar

stiil then ever thought about Cambodia :D

absolutly no nanny state but i can asure you it's got a heap of different chalenges

And a holiday is not the same as living in it before you get a to much paradise feel about it

Robert-Jan

Actually, I've been really trying to improve this for a long time..

As nigel says new members sometimes get their posts moderated. This is only the case if they try to put urls or email addresses in the posts.

This method prevents a tone of spam, however it does confuse some members and also puts extra load on the mods. Today (in the last hour), I have implemented a new system which prevents the posts from initially being submitted, again this is only for people putting links or emails in there first few posts..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back