Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What's with the snow graphics?.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nigel Goodwin

Super Moderator
Most Helpful Member
Considering I've spent loads of time over the last nine days digging and shovelling snow, the last thing I want is to see it on screen! :D

More snow forecast for next week :(

Here in Canada we have had only a brief sprinkling of snow that disappeared in a couple of hours. I was at the park this morning flying my RC model airplane in the -10 degrees C but sunny weather. I wasn't too cold.
Next week it will snow a little every day then I will use a broom or a blower, not a shovel yet.

Audioguru, you are obviously not in southern Ontario or Quebec!
Also, it's announcing another 30cm this weekend in Montreal!
We are burried up to our necks :)

I am in Mississauga which is a suburb of Toronto in southern Ontario. No snow.
Toronto got a few cm of snow. All around here they got up to 1m of snow.
Tomorrow we get a few cm and Sunday we get 5-10cm of snow. Maybe the wind will blow it away.

My daughter who's at York University, has a couple of new American friends - one of the girls is from California, and she's amazed to see the snow, she's never seen it before. The other girl is from Illinois, and she's well used to seeing snow :D however, she's been complaining this week that she's never known it so cold.

It seems a bit incongruous that someone from New Zealand would use snow as a theme for "christmas".
It is summer in the southern hemisphere, is it not?

JimB

PS, I was in Perth Western Australia in August, their winter was a lot warmer than our summer!

GO to London Ontario, they got 100cm of it in those 2 days! and everyone along georgeian bay and our side of lake huron

I watched London Ontario get hammered with snow on satellite radar. I am glad the snow missed me. It went very close to me.

It seems a bit incongruous that someone from New Zealand would use snow as a theme for "christmas".
It is summer in the southern hemisphere, is it not?

Yes, it is summer in the southern hemisphere but that doesn't stop all the shops spraying there windows with fake snow. As we never get any snow it's irrelevant what time of year we pretend it snowed.

Mike.

If you don't have snow then maybe you can spray the lizzards or snakes with white stuff.

Well a good xmas theme for SA and Eastern Oz might be a canoe as after that bushfire we had here, down the hill flooded and the eastern states are declaring 'state of disaster' as houses are getting washed away. Most will say global warming is the fault but really it's just the 100 year cycle.

As the original theme of the thread has gone of content it might be a good idea to move this to the lounge but Nigel thats your choice mate.

Regards Bryan

Actually what is a snow? :)

Nice to have it at least on the screen...

I'd suggest seasonal greetings on the screen...for eg, bit of raining graphics in monsoon, snow flakes and fog(not too much) in winter, flowers during spring ahh..should be internationalized.

..blinking stars, cookies and goodies in special days like Christmas, what could be in world AIDS day?..of course falling condoms.. :)

We have a blizzard right now here where I live, and we are expecting almost two feet of snow!

-Ben

In my part of Canada there is a trace amount of snow in some spots. My yard has no snow. The park also has no snow.
The forcast is for 1/4" in the next week and another 1/4" in the following week. The small amount of snow will disappear by itself in a couple of days. The temperature fluctuates a little above freezing to a little below freezing.

Hmmm, was 25 Deg C in my pool last nite......went down to the beach today and got a tan.....perhaps u guys should visit.
Weirdest thing was...we got a small earthquake while in the pool....was a new experience, suddenly there were waves in the pool!

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back