Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What's up with microchip

Status
Not open for further replies.

be80be

I was at there sales site and there's no one link to a pickit3
Guess I'll get a eBay one lol

I was at there sales site and there's no one link to a pickit3
Guess I'll get a eBay one lol

PICkit3 seem it is not in production for a while.

I have stayed with my fully featured TH version of PICkit2 though, as I do not use any more advanced than PIC18 family.

Maybe that's what it is. I was just looking I want the pickit 3 just to have it but maybe get the idc3

My phone wakes me up at 2 am every night I got a great app off Google play it ask me every night if I want more apps lol

I don't need a 2 I got a bunch of them but I want a 3 or idc3 because I'm tried of adding device files to my pickit 2

I don't need a 2 I got a bunch of them but I want a 3 or idc3 because I'm tried of adding device files to my pickit 2

Actually, Microchip have some 1000 pcs in stock.
Look at the Mouser and Farnell as well.

PICkit3 is not quite useful, since any change of the PIC family require to be re-flashed. And have many other problems, IIRC from Microchip forum.

Last edited:
The other thing it lack that pickit2 has is a stand alone programmer and the signal gen, Uart and 4 ch logic monitor.
Max.

Maybe that's what it is. I was just looking I want the pickit 3 just to have it but maybe get the idc3

I run both with Linux and MPLABX. The ICD3 with (High-Speed vs Full-Speed USB) is 2x-5x faster with large PIC18 projects and on the PIC24/PIC32 with large memory. The ICD3 also has a life-time replacement warranty and is per Microchip a "production Quality programmer".

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back