Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What the hell is going on?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shiny

Guys,

I posted **broken link removed** at another electronics forum and this showed up on a google?!

Who is this cool-agent, an interloper, webcrawler or what? I'm not him yet he seems to have copied both my questions - and some other seem to have copied the responses I got... :?:

You've got that backward sparky, the other forum is the new kid on the block.

Bizzare !

Hmm!
The website (**broken link removed**) seems to have the posting a few hours before us so it seems to be the original.

Their stats when I visited state ...
Our users have posted a total of 45 articles
We have 11 registered users
The newest registered user is stanislaus
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest [ Administrator ] [ Moderator ]
Most users ever online was 7 on Tue Apr 27, 2004 7:18 pm
Registered Users: None

that visitor will be me, a massive 11 registered users ....
... do we need to steal their postings? probably not.

If a question is interesting enough and has an answer then is it harmful? I don't see any damage done.
I am curious about this though :?

Chaotic - the other one maybe newer, but that doesn't mean something untoward is happening. It just so happened it was the first electronics forum I came across.

Mechie - Aye, something wacky is happening. Sure, if others find it useful then that's cool, it's just a shock to see something I've written passed off as someone else's text when I knew it was me. ;)

FYI - the cct is on the bike and working like a dream. :)

More bizzare ?

Looking more closely at the postings through the two sites it appears that, although the original question was posted to the other site first electro-tech online then took the lead for a couple of postings, the other site then took the lead again before the two differ and then start copying again.

Wow :? did you follow that :?:

In short it appears that (if the timestamps can be believed) both sites are "copying" from each other.

ps. Shiny pleased to hear that you found an answer (from wherever/whoever/however) and welcome back to my favourite hobby 8)

Hope you stick around (both sites?) and have more projects in the pipeline. :wink:

Hi guys,

It should be clear that we (the forum owner and moderators) are NOT and will never copy any threads from other forums. However, I cannot speak for other members. There simply would not be any benefit to it, after all we are the biggest electronics forum on the net :)

Maybe cool-agent is the owner of the forum and is looking to help you out with your answer by getting one from here.... Then posting it there.

Anyway site like these never last long... Like the old saying - easy come, easy go.

PS: Im glad your got your answer :)

Re: Bizzare !

mechie said:
Hmm!
The website (**broken link removed**) seems to have the posting a few hours before us so it seems to be the original.

Hmm! Didn't check the time stamps. Whatever, it's not a big deal.

Shiny said:
Chaotic - the other one maybe newer, but that doesn't mean something untoward is happening.

Agreed.

ElectroMaster said:
There simply would not be any benefit to it, after all we are the biggest electronics forum on the net :)

Exactly! It would be self-defeating for this forum to copy others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back