Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What the heck is with RS components?

Status
Not open for further replies.

throbscottle

I stumbled upon a very handy little dual transistor, the BCV63, which makes a nifty little schmitt trigger. So I thought I'd get some from RS because of free postage. Imagine my surprise, they don't stock it, and there doesn't seem to be an equivalent.
So anyway, not worth paying the postage to get it from elsewhere just to save a bit of board space. Grumble mutter mumble...

BCV61 is a current mirror. Which would be great if that's what I wanted. The BCV63 and 64 are connected as Q1E+Q2E, Q1B, Q2C and Q1C+Q2B. NXP list it as a schmitt trigger, LTSpice shows you don't need a resistor between the 2 transistors anyway, so I thought why not.
I found it when looking for dual transistors for another schmitt trigger variant...

Brexit, indeed...

BCV61 is a current mirror. Which would be great if that's what I wanted. The BCV63 and 64 are connected as Q1E+Q2E, Q1B, Q2C and Q1C+Q2B. NXP list it as a schmitt trigger, LTSpice shows you don't need a resistor between the 2 transistors anyway, so I thought why not.
I found it when looking for dual transistors for another schmitt trigger variant...

Brexit, indeed...
Sorry mate... Analogue isn't my fortè

Nice, but the minimum I could get is 100 - makes it not so cheap.
No matter, have lots of old transistors I can just use 2 ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back