Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What`s the torque of my stepping motors?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charon102

Hello

I own two stepping motors which I collected from old HP laser printers.
They are from the same type : PM60-H418Z21B RH7-1094 AGEF from Canon.
There isn`t more written on the label.
Each stepper is 4 cm high, has a diameter of 5.7 cm and a flange for mounting. I estimate the weight of one motor to 0.3 kg. Both are unipolar and each has 6 wires.

I`ve already determine the middle-wire with my multimeter and now I want to know the correct current and amperage of the stepper. How can I find that out?
I didn`t find any information or datasheet in the i-net. Somewhere I`ve read that it is a 4 Watt motor.

What`s about the tourque of the motor ? Is it possible to move a 8 or 9 kg robot with both steppers (slow) ?

Greetings Charon

Do they look like this ..

all the way down to the bottom of the page..

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello

They look like the KP6AP. The propotions are the same, but I can only guess the diameter and height of the KP6AP. Perhaps the motor on the picture is much larger then mine.
My stepper motor has also a diffrent flange and a plastic gear wheel on the drive shaft.

There is written on the label of the KP6AP that it uses 12 V.
Is this 12 V for each coil or for the whole motor ?
How can I find out the max. torque of my steppers?

Greetings Charon102

is this a 6 wire motor?
12V is what can be used on the motor
during my stepper motor experience i have found that if you hold the present step take another then drop the last.. that this "holds" a lot better..

if you have a 6 wire stepper the wires
A=orange
B=blue
C=yellow
D=red
+=white
+=black
Code:
This is a sample code from my stepper motor driver program..
For x := 1 to 100 do
 Begin
  AH; DL;
  CH; AL;
  BH; CL;
  DH; BL;

end;
where AH BH CH DH means "active"..or energized...
Notice that i activate A , deactivate D, then activate C then deactivate A

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back