Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What kind of connectors are these?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Random

I've been looking for them for the past four months now, and every Mouser/Digikey technician I've talked to has not heard of them at all. But nearly every damn appliance I open up has them at some point or another. >_<

How it works: If you want a permanent, robust connection from a wire to a PC board, you use these. There's a crimp terminal for each wire, which has a small pin extending down for the PC board hole, and a small lip at the top to lock it into the housing. Once you have all your wires crimped, you push each of them into the housing, and when you are finished, you have a straight row of pins that you can insert into your PC board and solder. And each wire's crimp is reinforced by the housing, so you'll never have a wire or contact pull out from a stray jerk.

Sounds great, right? If only I could find out what they're called... and where to get them.

I have some pictures here - forgive me, they're not the best quality, but if you've poked around in consumer electronics a lot, you should recognize them.

**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**

Please help me, Electrotech - I'm kind of at the end of my rope here. >_<

Try searching on google for connector suppliears and then go through their catlogs
just have a look at these
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**

http://www.molex.com/cgi-bin/bv/molex/home_init.jsp?BV_SessionID=@@@@1104286940.1131696897@@@@&BV_EngineID=cccfaddgefmjlefcflgcehedffgdfmk.0&channel=Products&oid=-8811&srellink=(none)&chanName=superFamily&mCnt=/super_family/super_family.jsp&superFamOID=-8811&oid=-8811&pageTitle=Overview

How about socket?

after all, you plug your home appliance into a socket.

failing that, look for female plug. This is a common way to describe whether the connection has pins or it has holes.

I mean, the MOLEX product name is "SPOX". Use the keyword search on the Molex site.

Looks like there's a miscommunication here, but all is good! All is great, in fact. The product I was looking for is called "Board-In Connectors", and isn't limited to Molex.

The problem I had with Mouser and Digi-key before, as you'd also suggested, is that I don't want a two-piece connector, male and female. I only want one piece, that crimps the wire and connects it through a hole in the PCB to the other side. Google "Board-In Connector" quick and take a look at the descriptions there if you're interested - it's really a great way to connect a series of wires to a PCB, for a cord or such.

Thank you, everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back