Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

what is ur opinion about buying or making

Status
Not open for further replies.

xjackal

hi aboutta get a programmer for my pic but i dont know what to do.whether to buy a compiler or make one from the schemas.whixh is cheap and is the best solution u think?

xjackal said:
hi aboutta get a programmer for my pic but i dont know what to do.whether to buy a compiler or make one from the schemas.whixh is cheap and is the best solution u think?

There is a lot that i am confused by in your post. are you planing on buying a pic programmer as in the actual hardware or the software for the computer. If you are planning on building th ehardware etc. I recomend that you buy a proper kit from a store that specalises in those sort of things. I personally bought a P16PRO40 from this site.

If you also need some software i recomend that you go to this site. the software is called WinPicProg and it is constantly getting updated by the author.

Hope this helps

Kieran

I personally bought a tutorial called PicTutor - part of EPE electronics magazine. The CDROM was good enough to supply the circuit of their £150 development board so I made it myself for about £20!!!
Anyway, this was too restrictive after a while so I went looking for a better solution, Considered Microchips own haedware but was too expensive! I found the Elcheapo here https://www.myke.com/elcheapo.htm
Use in conjunction with Microchips own software (MPASM) and you are away! I think EPE have upgraded hardware and software I would recomend Pictutor but if you can either build their board yourself or use somthing like the elcheapo to program.
Good Luck!
PS the book the author of elcheapo sells is fantastic but so in-depth I consider it only for advanced programmers really. just stick to his programmer and software if that's all you require!

no it shouldn't be so detailed

it should at least program the F84 but dont know if i make the right decision if ı buy a amateur one just for my school and hobby projects.i would buy an hardware at first but i am wondering if every software works with my hardware.
thanks again,

I would buy your first programmer at least, that way if your project isn't working, you can be reasonably certain that the problem is something in the code or circuit, not the programmer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back