Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What is sensing voltage?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iawia

Hi,

I am trying to control the movement of a small cart with two hobby motors (12v). Looking at the L-298 there are two pins for 'Sense A' and 'Sense B', one for each H bridge.

I have read the datasheet several times, stared at the block diagram, however being not very much studied at this topic, I still do not get the jargon and use of these pins.

If I want the motors to run at full power from the pwm signals on the base, do I just set this pin to ground?

Thanks for clearing this up!

Attachments

• L298N - Dual Full Bridge.pdf
    190.4 KB · Views: 351
hi,
Its a pin/s on the L298 where the user can monitor [ sense] the current flowing in the external resistor , by measuring the voltage drop across a known value resistor.

E.

Attachments

• AAesp01.gif
    AAesp01.gif
    13.9 KB · Views: 314
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back