Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

what is difference between int main () and void main ()

Status
Not open for further replies.
But!!!! C has to be ANSI standard, so it has to comply even if it doesn't need to...
Not being argumentative but you got to admit............It has to be ANSI C except for the section that tells you all the bits that are not.! So if your not 100% ANSI C (and its certainly not) Why keep the nonsense stuff like the Main() stuff?

Not being argumentative but you got to admit............It has to be ANSI C except for the section that tells you all the bits that are not.! So if your not 100% ANSI C (and its certainly not) Why keep the nonsense stuff like the Main() stuff?
Dunno!! Not my ruling!

Dunno!! Not my ruling!
Well I will email MC and tell them to make you CEO of the compilers!!!

Not putting up with this **** :D,

ps email me a code for the pro when your CEO :D:D

Ok what is HPA?

Mikro C almost looks attractive :D. I might go have a look at CCS, I cant remember much about it.

Mikro C almost looks attractive
I have that for Pic32... The libraries on MikroE are huge... Using larger chips it seems to be a good way to go...

The SD library for instance.. Works extremely well as does the graphical libraries.. Not that I promote the use of pre-built libraries, but as I have already learned the language, hey why not!!

I have that for Pic32... The libraries on MikroE are huge... Using larger chips it seems to be a good way to go...

The SD library for instance.. Works extremely well as does the graphical libraries.. Not that I promote the use of pre-built libraries, but as I have already learned the language, hey why not!!
The big down side for me is you have to invest in a different debug tool, I am reluctant to pay for their debug tool and a compiler from them. If it worked with the ICD3 I wouldnt hesitate using the compiler, I like the IDE as well.

Just a shame they sting you on the debug tools.

ARM spoilt me, coming back to pics is a bit of a shock. Its looking like CCS or MikroC, but the debug board really puts me off.

The big down side for me is you have to invest in a different debug tool,
No! you can still use MPLABX and pickit 3.. MikroE still use the 6 pin program socket.. I just made adaptors to suit!!

With that!! I did buy their debug tool as they have tons more breakpoints...

So MikroE can be debugged in mplab with a PK3??? OOOO this is getting better and better :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back