Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What is best BC547 or 2N2222?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Suraj143

In JDM programmers the two transistors they used BC547 in mostly.

I made the same circuit with 2N2222 transistor but it didn’t work. But the programming software detects the programmer. But I cannot read the PIC & program the PIC.

Do you have a 'scope so that you can check what is happening ? Perhaps you have the 2N2222 in the wrong way around.

oops I don't have a scope. I have checked twice the base collector & emitter of 2N2222 & they seems to be ok.

I haven't see a programmer that build with 2N2222 all JDM types using BC547.

I want to clarify whats the different between them.

Our town is far away until I go there I have to bare with this 2N 2222.

Suraj143 said:
oops I don't have a scope. I have checked twice the base collector & emitter of 2N2222 & they seems to be ok.

I haven't see a programmer that build with 2N2222 all JDM types using BC547.

I want to clarify whats the different between them.

Our town is far away until I go there I have to bare with this 2N 2222.

you can verywell use BC547 as it works very cheap . only the pin out need be checked while mounting the component.

All it requires is a general purpose silicon transistor of the correct polarity, pretty well anything will work, it's only used as a simple switch. As suggested, you may be connectng it the wrong way?.

The suggestion is not, i fear, for connecting in wrong way please--(in lighter sense)

the author FENG himself was clarifying at his site how not to connect.

Hi I replaced my 2N2222 to BC 547 & it worked for 84A & 628A through ICSP connector.

But when I try to program 877A it won't program through ICSP connector.

Note: I didn't use the PGM pin only using the standard 5 pins that is Vdd, Vss, PGD, PGC, MCLR

Also in 877A has two VDD & two VSS pins each.I use only one VDD & one VSS.

I'm using ICPROG 1.05 & winpic.

Attachments

• pic-pg1-sch.gif
    pic-pg1-sch.gif
    8.3 KB · Views: 1,123
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back