Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What component (s) do i add in this circuit diagram

Status
Not open for further replies.

ermsk8er

What component (s) do i add in this circuit diagram schem.jpg to boost the voltage output more than my input voltage ( 6v dc) with constant amperes. thanks!

Out put voltage larger then input voltage.....will never happen with this circuit. Look for a 'boost' circuit.

Constant current.......are you driving LEDs. This and most power supplies are constant voltage. Look for boost LED driver.

Out put voltage larger then input voltage.....will never happen with this circuit. Look for a 'boost' circuit.

Constant current.......are you driving LEDs. This and most power supplies are constant voltage. Look for boost LED driver.

No im not driving any leds in that circuit. I will use that in driving a dc brushless motor. Here is my project, i am planning to build a solar powered fan. 6v solar cell and 6v chargeable batt. And i want to boost that input into 12 volts. Thanks 1 to you!

I think you have 6V solar cell and it charges a 6V battery.
I think you have a 12 volt motor.

If this is true. A 'boost switching power supply' can take 6V 2A from the battery and run a 12V 1A motor.

I think you have 6V solar cell and it charges a 6V battery.
I think you have a 12 volt motor.

If this is true. A 'boost switching power supply' can take 6V 2A from the battery and run a 12V 1A motor.
Thats it.. But i cant find the right circuit for that.. Do you have one, sir? I cant build a 12v because its to expensive and the 12 battery is to heavy and overall it will cost me alot.. Thanks!

Last edited:
I don't know where you are. In the USA you can look on ebay.com and search for "DC Boost Converter 3-24V to 5-25V Battery Step Up Switching Power Supply Module". It can be set for 6V in 12V out at 1/2A. I know that is too small.

See attached data sheet. Look at fig. 2.

I don't know where you are. In the USA you can look on ebay.com and search for "DC Boost Converter 3-24V to 5-25V Battery Step Up Switching Power Supply Module". It can be set for 6V in 12V out at 1/2A. I know that is too small.

See attached data sheet. Look at fig. 2.
Thanks sir for the quick response.. I will analyze the circuit inside the pdf that you gave me. By the way, im living here in Philippines.

Last edited:
@sir ronsimpson
Refering to the datasheet that you attached please see figure 42 page 25 boost regulator.. Can i add or change the R2 with a variable resistor with value of 5k so that it will become adjustable?

Replace R1 not R2. Will work at any voltage above 1.23V. Will not go to 0V! Can use pin 1 for on/off or 0V.

VOUT = VREF (1 + R1/R2) where VREF = 1.23V

R1 = R2 (VOUT/VREF − 1) where VREF = 1.23V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back