Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What can be done about this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hero999

Banned
I've noticed that some new members are posting empty threads to circumvent the ban on posting links for the first three posts.

I hope the spambots don't cotton on to this.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've noticed that some new members are posting empty threads to circumvent the ban on posting links for the first three posts.

I admit that I told that guy to do that since he seemed to be for real. In retrospect I should have just told him to put a whitespace somewhere in his URL. Of course, spambots will catch on to that idea pretty quickly too.

That said, in this case the poster should have just uploaded the schematic instead of linking to it.

I hope the spambots don't cotton on to this.

If they haven't already then the spammers are either morons or not paying attention. Personally I don't think that the 3-post vetting period is a good idea. Technological solutions to sociological problems usually don't work, or at least not for very long. Even CAPTCHA was broken quite some time ago and can no longer be considered effective in the wild.

Torben

Hi

Thanks to author of this site.

Jitendra kumar

I agree completely. This is a great site, even though every so often I complain about small changes. :)

Um. . .is it just a coincidence that your signature is spam? ;)

Pretty pointless posting his spam for him! - Moderator.

Torben

Last edited by a moderator:
Pretty pointless posting his spam for him! - Moderator.

Missed the fact that I killed the links when I quoted the spam, eh?

I didn't just fall off the turnip truck yesterday, you know.

Torben

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back