Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

what a bad site is this... no one comes to help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last time I looked 39 people looked at you post and had no idea what a 21fb5rd is (was). And 39 people did no know how to fix it. 10 minute problems are very hard to fix. I did notice you waited a hole 2 hours before complaining about the lack of help and then waited 4.5 hours before declaring what you think about the bad site.

Maybe the moderator should remove the warranty on the site. "We can fix anything in under 2 hours or you money back." Thank you for choosing a different forum.

Well, what can I say?

I have had a look back at some of your previous posts, many of them relate to repairing some piece of broken electronics.

One of your early posts mentiond repairing mobile phones as a business.

From this I draw the following conclusions:
You are running a business.
You are incompetent and out of your depth.
You are repeatedly calling on the people of ETO to help you out (for free) with your business.
You are now panicking because you cannot repair someones television and are afraid of "losing face" by telling them that you cannot fix it.
Because no one here knows what an "lg 21fb5rb" is, or knows how to fix its intermittent fault, your response is to bad mouth ETO and its supporters.

My personal opinion:
If you think that it is so bad here, don't bother coming back.

JimB

Last edited:
i open new thread

https://www.electro-tech-online.com...5rb-no-display-only-sound.128655/#post1071245

but till now. no any reply no any idea

so what worth of this site for newbie?

if every time like this, then this site is useless

pls admins. moderators care about this

Hi,

I tried to provide a little information in your thread but i dont have the documentation to help too much as i suspect most other people here do not have either. It's not easy to help someone with something where there is no schematic or test results to work with. My only guess is that the power supply for the backlight went bad, but exactly what went wrong is too hard to figure out without a schematic.
If you can get a schematic im sure people would be able to help you a lot more.
You also need some test equipment.

To be honest I could find myself willing to accept a "complaint" but qualifying this forum as "bad" is ridiculous or maybe idiotic.

You are like me, someone coming here begging for help what is given free of charge. And you say "bad"?

Shame on you all!

Did you not understand upon joining that, as members of any forum, all queries from any other member of the interwebs should be constantly monitored, deciphered and be answered within the hour?

I've tried to effectively help out where possible in the past, but lately, the workload has increased massively due to the inevitable growth of them interwebs.

I get 22 days annual leave per year and try to dedicate the majority of those days to family time. Unfortuantely, due to the massive expansion of the interwebs, I feel compelled to and have recently had to cut that time almost in half.

I have just taken 10 days of my annual leave, in order to perform in-depth research and troubleshooting of obscure terms and vague descriptions.

Next year, I may take the full 22 and if that is not sufficient, I'm considering parting ways with my employer and doing full-time 24/7/365 research.

Wish me luck.

You waited 2 hours and then complained that no one responded, 5 hours from that you called this a bad site... I understand many young people are growing up in an instant satisfaction world but that has to be the most impatient complaint I have seen in a very long time!

I wouldn't call this a bad site either. Granted I would give it a C+ to B on average, its third down on my favorites list of forum sites, but generally grade wise not much lower C- on a bad week. :)

As far as getting a proper and timely response having a proper tile and a well worded description of the problem is key in any site. If your title looks like you typed it on your cell phone while running down stairs and the following description of your problem is written even worse then yes its highly likely you will not get any serious responses at all and certainly none done quickly.;)

I only get $10.25 per post, plus another $5 for each "helpful" point and $0.75 for any witty remark...
if you click on "did you find this post helpful" more often, or send some money, i am sure you will get more help.

Last edited:
Hey.. is this a scam? I'm getting nothing and I got way more green dots!

Favoritism! Favoritism! <chuckle> ;)

I just looked compared your prices to the number of posts/years I've been here. That's a good hourly rate for a side job! If only! :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I only get $10.25 per post, plus another $5 for each "helpful" point and $0.75 for any witty remark...
if you click on "did you find this post helpful" more often, or send some money, i am sure you will get more help.

Damit thats what they charge me for posting here. :p

Hi,

To me this just sounds like a case of super frustration with electronic devices. That happens sometimes and the person that experiences the difficulty feels that some electronic devices are just junk made by manu's that are trying to save a penny and find it so hard to get help to remedy the situation. It's hard to stay sane sometimes when everything seems to fail :)

I would bet that if you talked to this guy it would not sound as bad once he calmed down a little. I could be wrong of course in which case it is then easy enough to pull the plug, but a little more communication might be a better way to handle this kind of thing.

Language barriers can be accepted but there is no excuse for rudeness.

If this was a paid support forum which guaranteed to reply within an hour then it would be justified but its an electronics forum (not even a television repair forum of which there are quite a few).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back