Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Water turbine?

Status
Not open for further replies.
In addition to collecting hardly any water, he is drinking the stuff that is full of bird droppings and maybe diesel soot!
Maybe he should simply sit on a bag of water. His weight and heat will pressurize the water that can drive his turbine. The bag can be replaced by his bladder.

In addition to collecting hardly any water, he is drinking the stuff that is full of bird droppings and maybe diesel soot!
Maybe he should simply sit on a bag of water. His weight and heat will pressurize the water that can drive his turbine. The bag can be replaced by his bladder.
You are quite disparaging arn't you . I put up a question to discuss the possibilities and you prefer to throw insults. Does not say much for you as a man nor as a thinker

Let me be clear . Whether you agree or not , rain water is the way to go if you have any choice . Yes it contains bird **** , frog **** ,possum **** leaves and all manner of contaminants from the surrounds and the sky above . Diluted of course and the sediments settle out to the bottom . It is my preference to toss a cupful of Sodium Hyper chlorate in each 6 months to sanitise it just a bit .

Those of you that drink the **** metered out by local councils have all of the above in it and a lot more you know nothing about including human **** ,fertilisers ,dead beasts,herbicides etc etc . This is because wherever your water is captured it is subject to all that naturally in the catchment area.
It is then masked by heavy chlorination and additives such as Fluoride and anything the government wants to get into you.

So Audioman and Karate Kidder---shove it .

Last edited:
In addition to drinking the stuff, how many little LEDs will you be able to light with the very low power from your rainwater turbine generator? Only a few LEDs?
Maybe solar panels or a windmill will provide much more power. Inexpensive electricity in my area comes from turbines at Niagara Falls and nuclear generating stations.

I might add that such heavy chlorination of water supplies also alters our intake of natural biology that has been essential for for our well being for millions of years

https://news.sciencemag.org/biology/2015/04/resistance-antibiotics-found-isolated-amazonian-tribe

Other researchers are also interested in exploring the function of the diverse bacteria found in the Yanomami, to see if these microbes train their children’s immune systems early and if they are protective against autoimmune diseases on the rise in industrialized populations. One type of gut bacteria, Oxalobacter, found in the Yanomami is already known to protect humans from the formation of kidney stones. “I think these missing microbes are at the root of many Western diseases,” says microbiologist Justin Sonnenburg of Stanford University in Palo Alto, California, co-author of the forthcoming book The Good Gut: Taking Control of Your Weight, Your Mood, and Your Long-term Health. “The big message is we in the Western world have lost the diversity in our microbiota. We have to study these groups to figure out what we lost, what these microbes do, and how we get back to a healthy microbiota.”
The trouble with fools is that they do not realise their foolishness.
These forum sitters you have here are a pain . They don't try to help really . What they do is jump in and confuse the thread.
You don't know anything about a situation unless you have experienced it specifically yourself ! Period
I suggest you stop wasting peoples time who come here for an answer.
Leave the answer to someone who does know.

In my case the answer was simple but I found it on a more sensible forum -not this circus

Last edited:
If you are worried about tap water then you can distill your own or buy it.
My tap water has not smelled like chlorine bleach for years. They pump it from Lake Ontario, let solids fall out, filter it then use ozone to kill any bacteria or organisms. They use BAC contactors and membranes too. The last thing they do is add fluoride to protect our teeth.

How is your rainwater turbine doing driving your generator? Did you get any electricity from it yet?

I might add that such heavy chlorination of water supplies also alters our intake of natural biology that has been essential for for our well being for millions of years...
I tend to agree, b.james.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back