Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

water overflow holes

Status
Not open for further replies.

atntias

hi,
im working on a design of a fountain and i have a pump taking the water up then dripping it down to a "pool" (25X25 cm) then im planing an overflow hole so the water go back to the pump.

ok so how is this related to here!

i want to know if i have an area of 25X25 CM and i want the water level to be as high as possible to the age but wont drip out of the boarders, the pump is putting the water into that pool from 18 cm high throw a tube 0.4 cm in diameter in a speed which is as fast as you go while still it comes out in single drops - not too fast.

do u think is possible to calculate what detail am i missing?
i can make the hole relatively very wide but the hight of the hole will determine water level which i want as high as it can go.

i have the ability to cut a hole even 0.01cm in hight - that ofcurse wont pass any water thought.
maybe the question is simply what hight hole will let water through and im just complicating thing like i usually do, who knows?

How accurate is the pump though? Th emeasurements are useless if the pump varies its flow too much. You are going to need to find the volume the pump can pump- as fast as you can go and still have drops isn't good enough. Trial and error might be easiest. Slwly enlarge the hole or make it smaller with sealant or something.

Last edited:
hi

ur right, trial and error is essayist, execpt that i cant do it, im manufacturing this project 1 time only and it isn't home made style.

i see what ur saying about the pump i know for sure it dose vary and isnt accurate, yet when i though about it i realized the question is different.

so if i have a very wide but short cut, it seems to me that that a large amunt of water can go throw like the edge of a cup or bowl, but im not sure about how high i think it a very hard quistion to say without seeing i think il just have to take some extra to avoid problems.

Does it have to be a hole? A 'V' shaped trough cut/filed would be sort of self adjusting flow, depends on what the pump is doing. Ouput has to equal the input. I you can't reduce the pump enough to get it to drip, add more troughs, or hide spillway to take care of the surplus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back