Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Water Leak Detector

Status
Not open for further replies.
The government makes it clear they own all the water.
>I cannot use water from the roof to water plants.
>Can not reuse water in any way. Some of us use bath water on the yard. Not allowed.

WOW! This is beyond dumb!
I had seen earlier a documentary about a water fight in Bolivia.
All started when the local government didn't have the resources to upgrade the water supply, and therefore decided to private source all their municipal water operations to Bechtel Corp.

Among the rules that Bechtel included to do the job, was no using the water from the roof top.

That created a significant quarrel. I won't go int the details, you can watch it on Netflix.

Too bad you weren't a resident of North Dakota. I would happily bring my backhoe over and do the digging for the price of fuel and some good laughs.

Now given your demima of the more than 50% replacement needing permits and not having splices there are some clever ways around that.

Easiest would be to do it in roughly 1/4 - 1/3 sections and place a water hydrant at the splice points. Do one one week then the next a few weeks later and so forth until you have all new line in from end to end. Granted you will end up with a few water hydrants in places you would likely never use but it would get you around a whole load of permit BS. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back