Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Watch function is random

Status
Not open for further replies.

spec

Most Helpful Member
The watch function on my ETO account has always been random. Sometimes I get a notification of a new post on a thread that I have ticked to watch but mostly not. This was not a problem when I first joined ETO because I was only involved in a few threads, but it is a bit awkward now that I am interested in many threads. Is this problem peculiar to my account or is it universal?

spec

Last edited:
When that has happened to me, the problem was most frequently at my ISP and involved blacklists. Thus, ETO may have sent the notice, but your ISP blocked it. Some, maybe all, blacklists expire after a short time, but whoever reported the site can renew the report. That can explain the inconsistency. The ultimate resolution was for ETO's owner at the time, EM, to contact one of the blacklist bundlers and get ETO white listed.

Just FYI, I am currently getting notices from every thread to which I am subscribed.

John

When that has happened to me, the problem was most frequently at my ISP and involved blacklists. Thus, ETO may have sent the notice, but your ISP blocked it. Some, maybe all, blacklists expire after a short time, but whoever reported the site can renew the report. That can explain the inconsistency. The ultimate resolution was for ETO's owner at the time, EM, to contact one of the blacklist bundlers and get ETO white listed.

Just FYI, I am currently getting notices from every thread to which I am subscribed.

John

Thanks John,

I didn't explain the position fully. I meant to say 'Alerts' at the top right of the ETO page and alerts on the left of your profile page.
With respect to email alerts, they were also random and as far as I know there is no blocking by my ISP. I disabled 'Inform by Email' in my profile but that made no difference: I still get random email alerts.

spec

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back