Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

War of the worlds

Did you like war of the worlds?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• A shrug of the shoulders

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well after waiting 47 hours to download War of the Worlds I'm glad I didn't waste my money seeing it at the flicks. For a Speilburge movie it must rate as one of his worst movies to date. The whole movie revolved around Tom ****** cruise and that in my opnion destroyed a reasonable plot. As far as the original movie goes this one rates a 1 out of 10.

Just my thoughts Bryan :D

bryan1 said:
Well after waiting 47 hours to download War of the Worlds I'm glad I didn't waste my money seeing it at the flicks. For a Speilburge movie it must rate as one of his worst movies to date. The whole movie revolved around Tom [bleep] cruise and that in my opnion destroyed a reasonable plot. As far as the original movie goes this one rates a 1 out of 10.

Just my thoughts Bryan :D
I agree, it's a total waste of time and money. :roll:

But it was worth downloading 3 CDs of Gothic II.Its nice graphics and a huge world to explore.(Its an 3D Fantasy RPG for those that dont know it.)The best thing is snoping in pepoles chets (you can get nice items and gold that way but if you get caght its not good)What i realy hate is that there is no compas in the game so im geting lost in the forest often.(Etlest you can buy an map wivh helps a lot)

Im still trying to figure out that damn mining site. (The worst thing is i dont have an save from that.So il have do do about 3 hours of playing agen to get there and hopfuly NOT screwing up agen or not saving)

well after the huge wait I've decided to give up on downloading stuff, instead my mate in Adelaide has a 1.5 Mb/s link so he will download stuff for me. but I mentioned for him to change the upload preference to 1KB/s but even after he did that he's still uploading at 20kb/s or more. Is there anyway other in Bitspirit he can turndown the uploading as in preferences I can only turn it down to 1 KB/s but on my puter it still goes at 3.5 KB/s.
Hopefully there is a way.

Cheers Bryan :D

Finally watched it yesterday!
They utilized the surround sound fully, unlike some (most) other movies!
But when I saw the trailer I figured it would be about aliens utilizing out elements, but was pleasantly surprised when someone commented about that one o's avatar, so I realised there would be big scary things in the movie!
YAY :D
BTW: That avatar's definitely one to be envied...

The whole movie revolved around Tom [bleep] cruise and that in my opnion destroyed a reasonable plot.

Yes i must agree that seemed true....but i dismissed it as maybe being that way in the original play itself. though there was something i didnt quite understand.....what exactly caused the rest of the tripods to die?.....The lack of the shields towards the end was pretty confusing ....i mean what really happened there?... My peanut brain didnt really understand that?... :)

mayanktrehan said:
The whole movie revolved around Tom [bleep] cruise and that in my opnion destroyed a reasonable plot.

Yes i must agree that seemed true....but i dismissed it as maybe being that way in the original play itself. though there was something i didnt quite understand.....what exactly caused the rest of the tripods to die?.....The lack of the shields towards the end was pretty confusing ....i mean what really happened there?... My peanut brain didnt really understand that?... :)

Because of evolution, the human race apparently developed an immunity to the germs and microbes and stuff on earth. The aliens didn't have that, and it made 'em go crazy and die when they tried to consume "human food" that grows on earth.

I do think it would have been better if everyone died and the earth was totally taken over. Everyone has that fear in the back of their mind that the human race will be extinguished. Spielberg could have wrapped his hand around that fear exploited it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back