Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

want to make some thing and running out of ideas

Status
Not open for further replies.

jasona@wbeer

what i want to do is make a flame thrower for the exhaust on my car now what i need is some thing like a buzz box or sum thing that will pulse a 12 volt signal very rapidly to activate a coil not very good with this stuff so as much help as posible please including diagrams and basic stuff

flame thrower

what kind of car do you have.

back home we did that kinda of stuff in high school. all we did was run a 12 volt power wire to a insulated switch mounted to the dash then ran the other side to hot side of a 12v coil. mount the coil back on the frame. drill a hole in the exhaust pipe and screw in a spark plug. secure it firmly and connect to coil. groud the coil to the frame and there ya go.

get a flasher unit. like you would have in a marker light blinker circut. place the flasher in between the switch and coil. that or a thermowire connection.

sorry forgot to tell you that part.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back