Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

voice scrambler or encryption

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I'd like to make a telephone voice scrambler but don't what are the resources that can help ( ICs..etc) , I 've a good knowledge in microcontroller programming.
I've googled and I've found that chip PC4440T , but can't find any helpfull examples.. also I'd like to have a full duplex communication ..
What are your suggestions ?

Thanks

There are plenty of ideas, applications and theories out there. Do you want to deter the casual listener or hide communication from rouge government spies with quantum super computers? If you specify the level of security you're after we might be able to help you. To obscure your conversations from nosy neighbors simple speech inversion can be used (Voice inversion - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia). If you want to go a little more secure use your microcontroller experience to capture audio from an analog to digital converter, employ the proper encryption algorithm and give one to the other party.

Last edited:
Yea I wanna high security that's why I'm going to use the microcontroller like dsPIC ..etc
but I wanna a full duplex communication how can this be applied through telephones ??
My problem is I don't know how to interface a microcontroller's ADC with the landing line telephone then Digitize that voice --> Encrypt it ... Then at the other telephone it should ADC then decrypt , but this is half duplex communication .. right ??
Thanks for your reply.

Hi, I'd like to make a telephone voice scrambler but don't what are the resources that can help ( ICs..etc) , I 've a good knowledge in microcontroller programming.
I've googled and I've found that chip PC4440T , but can't find any helpfull examples.. also I'd like to have a full duplex communication ..
What are your suggestions ?

Thanks

If you really want to do this right, I'll point you to the right direction...
https://www.electro-tech-online.com/custompdfs/2010/04/B12.pdf

**broken link removed**

Last edited:
Hi all
I would like to inquire the best implementation technique for designing of a microcontroller based voice scrambler

A one time key for rolling code encryption is most secure.
The key is not transmitted using the same channel.
The digital voice must be encoded from raw data before the Trellis encoder depending on generation of RF output and in reverse for decoding.

This is a complex design beyond your scope.

I suggest you use this.

I want the simplest model and design possible, what I know is I can use frequency and time domain to scramble my input voice signal.The microcontroller will make it secure but how can I design the circuit for security and confidentiality purposes?.

The newbie necro post gets us again. :rolleyes:

The newbie necro post gets us again. :rolleyes:
Necroposting.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back