Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Vizio V0370M No Picture, sound or backlight

Status
Not open for further replies.

jcooper9099

Hello all,

I have a vizio V0370m that was apparently dammaged by lightning along with all the electronics in my house. Fantastic right?

It will power on and the vizio emblem turns from orange to white, but there is no picture and no backlight and no sound.

I have tested the power supply and there was a blown fuse, but replacing it had no effect. The power output on the connection to the mainboard shows 10.4 volts, which is an odd reading and I was thinking it should be 5 or 12.

I can turn the unit on, but not off without unplugging in. Is this the mainboard or the power supply?

I would suspect the main board, however lightning can do strange things to electronic devices.

Yes, lightning causes serious damage, it could be anything and anywhere - quite possibly both boards.

Normal household insurance covers damage from lightning though, have you checked with your insurance company?.

Funny story, my renter's insurance was to start next week. ;(

I think it is the main board as well. I am getting volatge from the powerboard and the service manual for similar TV's says check the powerboard for voltage. It's just an odd voltage never seen 10.4 volts. The lightning came through the coax cable so I am guessing mainboard. Thanks and I'll let you know how it turns out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back