Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Vizio SV420XVT1A no picture has sound

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

I need help with troubleshooting a Vizio tv. Tv had a bad t-con board (processor and memory was burnt. Replaced t-con, when tv powered up the t-con's LED lit up blue then faded out while a screeching sound was emitted from the t-con. I didn't see a picture even when volume or menu button was pressed (back-light is on but no image at all). I disconnected the LCD panel (two ribbon cables) powered it on and it didn't make the screech sound. Is the LCD panel bad and overloading the t-con? Is there anyway to test the LCD panel? Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
Most of these failures are due to electrolytic caps. Look around the PC boards and see if one is bulging or leaking. If you spot one then replace all of the caps which look identical to the bad one(same voltage, value, temperature rating, manufacture).

HT = High tension (high Voltage) e.g. Vs=203v, Va=173v

HT = High tension (high Voltage) e.g. Vs=203v, Va=173v

Not specifically - HT rails refers to the power rails in a unit, so 12V and 5V are 'HT' as well.

Historically it refers to 'High Tension', which was high voltage rails in valve amps etc.

LCD's don't have high voltage rails though, only high voltages in the inverter feeding the CCFL's.

I stand corrected Nigel :p I somehow started thinking Plasma. :D The plot has finally been lost :eek:

Anti ageing machine anyone.

How did you check?, either an ESR meter or a scope are the only ways.

I did a visual (looking for pregnant ones) but I will break out the trusty ESR meter I could also look at the out puts of PS with a scope as well. I did notice the 12VDC was under, it was around 11.85VDC. Just curious what is a way to gage the min and max of given voltages? like a 5% rule or something? Thank you again for all the input :)

It depends on the circuit, but if I had 200mv ripple I would try bridging a capacitor across the supply line to see if that cures the symptom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back