Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Vizio 32" LCD power cycling

Status
Not open for further replies.

scarnan

Hey guys, i work as a Communications technician(Fancy for cable guy) and a customer gave me a Vizio 32" LCD tv. She told me it did not work, but she went threw some troubleshooting with Vizio and they suggested for her to replace a circuit board inside the TV. She did order the part they reccomended but did not bother installing it, and instead just gave it all to me. As of now, ive replaced the board inside the tv, and have the same exact problems as she described, i even put the old board back in to make sure it was the same problem and it was. What i have going on is when powered on the vizio light comes on, screen lights up, then flash's off, the back on, and off and on and off, over and over until the plug is pulled. I have tried different power plugs and a different power cord just incase. Im not afraid to get inside and tinker, my dad has alot of meters for testing, just lacking the knowledge here for the next step. let me know if anyone has any ideas, AIM - Scarnan144 Email Scarnan114@aol.com

Thanks in advanced,

Scarnan

What pcb has been replaced?check the invertor boar transformers an see if you have a faulty one which can cause this fault-another thing to try is the nvm but try the invertor first

if you need the service manual ill have a look to see if i have it

so you have only an image for a few seconds?

^^^nope, no picture just the screen lights up black, like you can tell its on but then power cycles before any picture would even have the chance to show up

SHELDONTV - the board i replaced was the top one of the two larger in the middle ill try to get a pic up on it tommorow, but it was the one the power connector plugged directly into after hitting the unit

you may have a fault with your invertor pcb,removre the cable that supplies it with its 24v supply and switch on too check wether the cycling fault stops -you can then check your supplys from the powersupply-it can also be the nvm on the ssb or a faulty ssb with no "on" signal

heres some pics, the one from further away is the whole open back of the tv, the closer one is the board i replaced

Attachments

• 22049_339911782944_&.jpg
    22049_339911782944_&.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 614
  • 22049_339907737944_&.jpg
    22049_339907737944_&.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 537
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back