Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ViewSonic VA912b Monitor. Goes black after turning the monitor on from the off position.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stephen Bosley

Hi, I have been having this issue for while and can figure it out. Do you think it might be a cap that might be going bad or something else? Just so I am more clear with my headline. I shut my monitor off at night then in the morning I turn it on, but what happens is that when I turn it on it goes black. I have to turn it off and back on several times before it stays on. Any thoughts as to what it could be?

Monitors turn off because:
They don't see or recognize a sync signal (video) They go into power down mode.
The on/off button might be "bouncing". Dirty contacts in switch.
Some thing is bad inside. Who knows what?
Over current on the power supply.
AND a million reasons that you will not have thought of.

CRT or LCD?

Hi Steve !
I hope by now you have found the cause of your problem, but for future reference, if this is a LCD type monitor, a very common problem with LCD/LED TV's and monitors are bad electrolytic capacitors in the power supply circuit. I have repaired numerous sets that had this issue.
Best regards, Mark..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back