Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

vhdl & verilog

Status
Not open for further replies.

adarsh

I am a new browser in this website.I don't know how to send my doubts
so please guide me.I am an electronics engineering student .I wanted the
scope of the VHDL & VERILOG HDL's which is more dominent and which
one I must learn.And please tell me which are the companies that are working on HDL's and on what.And also tell me are there any job appotunities in this field especially in India.If yes please specify them.
And please tell me how I can develop new ideas or new projects by myself
on my own ability.Please help me.Thank You.

well lets start with the basics. Verilog HDL and VHDL are both Hardware Descriptive Languages. HDL lets you write a simple script to describe a simple/complex digital circuit. Verilog HDL syntax is simillar to C and VHDL syntax is simillar to ADA.

i would suggest that you do a little search on discussions about language comparisons on google. you will see that there is no end to these type of discussions at all. each and every computer language can be compared to each and every other language. there are pros and cons of each but it cant be that some programming language is totally useless. if it were so then it wouldnt have had any existence at all. so i would suggest that you study both Verilog HDL and VHDL.

there are alot of job oppertunities all around the world and i believe that there is a simillar scenario in India.

for developing projects yourself you should start reading alot of books of various subjects and start building up your brain. the more you use your brain the more it will be creative. so just read books and have a good observation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back