Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Very simple equivalent resistors help

Status
Not open for further replies.

magician13134

Hi, I'm having a little trouble with a problem about equivalent resistance. I'm just having trouble determining if the resistors in these problems are in parallel or not. And if they aren't I'm not quite sure what to do. Any help is greatly appreciated.

**broken link removed**

Last edited:
Considering that terminals a & b are not connected to anything, the 5ohm resistor on the left can be ignored. Then you should be able to see that the 3, 6, 3 ohm resistors are in series (this series string is in parallel with the other 5 ohm resistor - and that parallel unit is in series with the other two 5 ohm resistors), among other things.

Req = 5 + 6 || (3 + 6 + 3) + 5

Last edited:
Gahhhh! That's so SIMPLE! I spent so much time trying to figure out if the two 5s, 3s and 6s could all be considered parallel with each other, that I forgot the obvious. Thanks so much for pointing that out to me. I need to sit down and do a few dozen of these to get really sharp at them. Thanks again!

you have a 12ohm(6 ohm +3ohm+3ohm) in parallel with a 6 ohm, that = 4 ohms,which is in series with with the two 5 ohm resistors, that makes 14ohms in total!!

SMEEEEG

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back