1. Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.
    Dismiss Notice

Very random-maybe wrong place to post-tv type

Discussion in 'Repairing Electronics' started by Jareed17, May 22, 2017.

1. Jareed17

Jareed17 New Member

Hi all, to to waste some people's time, but I thought this site may be a good place to find a TV make/model from a long time ago. I figured this would be good because it's..... electronic, haha, so hopefully someone knows.

I'm looking for the make or model of a hand held TV. It would flip open. Had a long pull out antenna. It was silver in color. It had a am/FM radio built into it. It could fit in a large pocket. It was fairly flat. It was likely produced around 1995ish. I loved that thing. The ones I've seen seen today I'm not interest in, because they don't flip and they are to big, and don't have a radio.

If no one remembers that, does anyone know what manufacturer it may have been or who may manufacture something like that today?

Thanks!

2. Ian Rogers

Ian Rogers Super Moderator Most Helpful Member

Casio tv-1000 sounds like what you are describing.... They did many handheld TV /Radios...

3. ronsimpson

ronsimpson Well-Known Member Most Helpful Member

4. dave

Dave New Member

5. alec_t

alec_t Well-Known Member Most Helpful Member

TVs of that vintage will be for analogue signals, of course. Has your country gone digital yet?

6. Jareed17

Jareed17 New Member

Thank y'all! That Casio looks a lot like it! Yes, we have gone digital. I forgot about that........