Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

verry first robot

Status
Not open for further replies.

jorim

hello,
i want to make my first robot, but i don't know how to start.
i've got 2 remote controlled cars. ive also got resistors, some pic's, pc817 and stuff like that.

i want the robot to ride, turn with the remote and by an pre-programmed program. maybe also something with arms or so.

can anyboddy help me?

tanks:)

You can use the PIC to send PWM pulses to the servos and ESC to simulate a radio receiver. Try just making it move in a circle (constant steering constant speed) first.

First learn how to wire up a PIC. It's pretty easy. Voltage regulator a few capacitors, a resistor, and maybe a crystal.

dknguyen said:
You can use the PIC to send PWM pulses to the servos and ESC to simulate a radio receiver. Try just making it move in a circle (constant steering constant speed) first.
What is a ESC??

ELectronic Speed COntroller. THe motor driver? I assume the remote control car has one (since I dont see how it couldnt?)

how can i get that book in holland? i think they don't do shipping do they?
by the way... thanks for the quick reply's

amazon ships anywhere you want. you just have to pay ;)

The Robot Room guy has a couple of books that walks you through building your first robot. Also available on Amazon or Half.com. Go for used books to save money.

Mike

Two solutions: Try to find it locally. This may cost you more.
Or, just ask yourself if the total cost is worth it. Shipping is just part of the cost.

I just bought one of the used copies.

NO!!!!!!!!!

STEP 1. BUY ROBOT BUILDING FOR BEGINNERS!

NO REALLY, SO SIMPLE AND EASY YOU MUST IGNORE THESE OTHER PEOPLE AND BUY THIS BOOK!!! BUILT MY FIRST BOT WITH THIS BOOK AND IT SUPER EXPLANITIVE AND EASY, YOU WILL BE BUILDING OTHER BOTS SOON TOO!
(sorry for all caps, must shout out and keep him from ruining his EE dream, aka 123 robotic experiments for the evil genius, WORST BOOK EVER!)

I have to agree......... The 123 robotics experiments for the evil genius book is aweful, total crap. I bought it and was stunned that it was so bad.
Not all the evil genuis books are bad though, I have the spy book and its pretty good. Another book that is crap is Linux Robotics, dont waste your money.
The Robot builders bonanza is really good, at least the version I have is. :)

tnx souper man, this is what i was looking for :D
right now i'm on a cursus for programming pic's and that's working surprisingly well. i'm using proton ide. I liky that program.

Please buy robot building for beginners, it is a truely good book!

I will look at robot builders bonanza, but to be safe buy robot building for beginners, it has experiments that explains every single thing.

400 pages, 1 robot!!!

So you know its in depth!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back