Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Vector Components - Airspeed or Dynamic Pressure

Status
Not open for further replies.

dknguyen

Most Helpful Member
So we have the velocity of an airstream, and the dynamic pressure it produces. THe relationship between the two is P(v^2)- pressure is dependent on the velocity squared.

Now, I want to break it up into orthogonal vector components but I am not sure if it is the pressure that should be broken up into vector components.

For example, if I try to measure the dynamic pressure and velocity 45 degrees from the direction of an airstream that has a particular velocity V and resulting dynamic pressure P, would I get a measurement of:

0.707V and (0.707^2)P = 0.5P
or
0.707P and (√0.707)V = 0.84V

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back