Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

-ve voltage from +ve souce

Status
Not open for further replies.

vinodquilon

Can I get -15V by reversing the polarity of +15V single power supply, as by connecting in reverse manner, MM reads -15V ?

Can I get -15V by reversing the polarity of +15V single power supply, as by connecting in reverse manner, MM reads -15V ?

Yes, providing that the 15V and 0V terminals are free [ floating]

Can you clear the idea ?

If the +15V/0 supply is only going to be used to provide 0/-15V to your project and the 0V line of the power supply is NOT connected internally within the PSU to ground/common in anyway, the +15V terminal can be connected to your projects 0V, common rail and the 0V of the PSU is now at -15V with respect to the project ground/common.
OK.?

I have two +15V separate supplies. How can I cascade them to get +/- 15V dual supply ? Is it possible to make a virtual ground there ?

I have two +15V separate supplies. How can I cascade them to get +/- 15V dual supply ? Is it possible to make a virtual ground there ?

If the supplies are separate then.

+15v ..... 0V link to +15v ........-15v
the 0v & +15V link are your common 0V.

Like the attached picture. Just remember these are isolated output supplies as Eric mentions.

Ron

Attachments

• Dual PSU.gif
    Dual PSU.gif
    4.4 KB · Views: 147
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back