Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

"Value" of inductor

Status
Not open for further replies.

GeirA

I trying to understand a circuit, but I have problem understanding a part of it where there is an inductor.

The circuit diagram shows value of conductors, resistor and transistors. But the inducator is shown as 1:10, and I am not able to understand this.

Thanks!

Attachments

• component.jpg
    component.jpg
    7.7 KB · Views: 201
I thinks its a transfo (TR1 ) , the voltage on the right side will be 10 times of the voltage on the left side.I don't know the purpose of the C , a filter?

Last edited:
I'd say its a transformer with a ratio of wraps being 1:10. Meaning the side to the transistor is say 10 wraps, and the other side is 100, or something. As long as its output is 10x the input I'd think its fine. But I'll definitely yield to those that know more than I.

This is probably a transformer with a ratio of wraps 1 to 10 between input and output coils respectively, the C3 is probably to cancel any reactance resulting from the secondery coil.

Yes, it looks like part of a flyback circuit. But I would expect to see a diode in series between the transformer (coupled inductor) output and the capacitor, since flybacks are normally used to generate DC power.

The circuit is a Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulation (TENS) unit. I have one, and have allways wondered how they work.

And now at least I have a clue.. :)

Thanks!

Attachments

• transcutaneous-electrical-nerve-stimulator-circuit-diagram.GIF
    transcutaneous-electrical-nerve-stimulator-circuit-diagram.GIF
    9.4 KB · Views: 190
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back