Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

using 89C2051, the GND pin is open but still program is working.

Status
Not open for further replies.

preet305

I m using AT89c2051 and using DS1232 to reset the microcontrolller in failed condition. Microcontroller has to give some pulsed signal to DS1232. In any fault condition if microcontroller is nt working, then it will not give the pulsed signal to DS1232, then DS1232 will reset the microcontroller. But here in my circuit if ground pin is open still microcontroller is giving singal to DS1232. and remaining pins are going high....

You need to disconnect the ground line from the circuit. Any pins tied to ground will provide an alternative path and keep the chip running.

Mike.

actually for testing i broke the GND leg of the microcontroller.... and i m giving ground to GND pin externally by wire while switching it ON. aftr that i m removing the ground wire from the GND leg of microcontroller, but still the program is wrking...

I have connected ground with crystal also.... through capacitors, is it possible that microcobtroller is getting ground from there...

You must have a pin that is active low and that is making a ground path to power the chip. You must make the break between the power supply and the circuit of the micro. Why not read a push button and go into an infinite loop when it's pushed?

Mike.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back