Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

USB and buffer

Status
Not open for further replies.

AtomSoft

Quick question will a usb device still work if I introduce a buffer into the mix?

so.. device ...buffer...pc

is that ok? I plan on using a 74xx126 which is a buffer/line driver.

im thinking its ok but the slighy delay time might be a issue. Im usually wrong so I ask here before wasting a blank pcb :)

I don't think you can.... My reasoning behind this is... Some devices cannot be resolved on a PC.. ie.. "device not recognized"... When connecting certain devices, there is a resistance on the D+ and D- that can be detected by a host....

I'm not 100% on this and someone may know differently. This may only be for charging circuits!...

USB is not a simple serial data path. It is a complex, differential, bidirectional data communication system.

What are you trying to do with the buffer? There may be other ways to fill your needs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back