Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Urgent Help Please Circuit Design 555 Cd4017

Status
Not open for further replies.
okay guys im back

Hello Allen,
Nice work. You must be very thorough and have a load of patience- all signs of a good engineer. I suspect that there was a couple of faults. I would love to get my hands on the board to find out what was going on.

Chuck
spec i still have the board as it was in the final stage i could send it over to you just so you can have a look etc. (i dont want it back i can remake it)

Please don't get mad because of him.;)
May be the OP should have started on a breadboard. Make the circuit working first, then commit to a PCB. Or put sockets on the 2 chips.
Allen

yes i could have used a breadboard however this was a rushed timeframe and im only just getting into circuitry etc but thanks for the input and i will be getting a breadboard and a smaller soldering iron, also sockets are definitely the way to go, however when i purchased all the components it completely slipped my mind

well anyway guys today was the nephews birthday and i managed to complete it besides the circuit however it is ready to have the circuit plugged in. This is what i built for my nephew (he turned 2 today)
12395076_10205661898853876_1029924661_n_zpsneqp1ufn.jpg

okay guys im back

spec i still have the board as it was in the final stage i could send it over to you just so you can have a look etc. (i dont want it back i can remake it)

yes i could have used a breadboard however this was a rushed timeframe and im only just getting into circuitry etc but thanks for the input and i will be getting a breadboard and a smaller soldering iron, also sockets are definitely the way to go, however when i purchased all the components it completely slipped my mind

well anyway guys today was the nephews birthday and i managed to complete it besides the circuit however it is ready to have the circuit plugged in. This is what i built for my nephew (he turned 2 today)
12395076_10205661898853876_1029924661_n_zpsneqp1ufn.jpg

Morning from the UK Keshin,

It's 7:50am here- have been dreaming about 555s

If you would not mind sending the board that would be much appriciated. I will pm my address.

That toy you built for your two-year-old nelhew is great- bet he loves that. You know, that might make a good toy for maketing.

Are you going to be experimenting today, or do you fancy a rest.

Last edited:
Ok that's good to know with timing haha it's 8.20 pm Aus here, I won't be able to experiment tonight as I haven't got another 555 yet (shop was shut) however in the morning I can get some.

Thanks yes he loved it, they call them a busy board, good fun for kids.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back