Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

UPS (uninterruptable power supply) battery extension

Status
Not open for further replies.

sherial

banggood electronics
now i'm having a project for my mid-term year and the suggested topic for our group for the project design is " Development of an Enhanced UPS System" and the recommendation is "comparative study of existing UPS with the proposed design(longer life)"..
extending battery life by using reusable energy or probably using transducers (ex. turning heat energy to electrical, etc.) In our project we suggested to use TEG (thermoelectric generator) and my question is can it charge the battery efficiently?? or will it charge the battery for it to extend the battery much longer..coz ordinary UPS could only last for 10-20 minutes depending on what load you will be using on our case we decided to use an offline UPS which is most often used by many, specially in computer units. i know there is a common way of extending the battery life of UPS by adding up battery but they want us to use reusable energy..
is there any other way to extend the battery life of the UPS by using reusable energy??
is this project possible?? knowing that it should be charging while using it and extend its battery lifespan and suggested that it should be, i think 50% efficient than the ordinary UPS...

i'm sorry if I ask too much..i hope someone will help me!! please poh!!! prang awa nyo na!! hehe

Extending the run time of a UPS unit is a matter of being able to supply added energy to the battery side of the system such as simply using a larger battery or by adding an additional input power source.

If you can do that then yes it's possible to extend the run time. However with that said things get more complicated from there.:p

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back