Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

(Up/Down) Protocol?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BaCaRdi

Has anyone used Up/Down Protocol? Like that used in Microchip's Digital POTs, they have a choice of SPI or U/D. I wanted to know if anyone preferred one more than the other.

I am more curious why they even went this route, since SPI is a well know standard. Maybe for ease of programing?

Cheers,
-BaC

Has anyone used Up/Down Protocol? Like that used in Microchip's Digital POTs, they have a choice of SPI or U/D. I wanted to know if anyone preferred one more than the other.

I am more curious why they even went this route, since SPI is a well know standard. Maybe for ease of programing?

Cheers,
-BaC

hi,
I used U/D with digipots on the Z80 [Sorry Nigel, that ZZZZ word again] Loooong before SPI even saw the light of day.;)

They work just fine pulsing U/D, most used to be volatile, so 60 down counts to ZERO at boot up, then up counts from the onboard Nonvolatile ram.

Last edited:
Cheers, just sampled a few:)

-BaC
hi,
I used U/D with digipots on the Z80 [Sorry Nigel, that ZZZZ word again] Loooong before SPI even saw the light of day.;)

They work just fine pulsing U/D, most used to be volatile, so 60 down counts to ZERO at boot up, then up counts from the onboard Nonvolatile ram.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back