1. Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.
    Dismiss Notice

up/down counter circuit

Discussion in 'Electronic Projects Design/Ideas/Reviews' started by hafi2_07, Dec 15, 2007.

1. hafi2_07

hafi2_07 New Member

ir tranceiver

hi...i need some explanation from u guys....i have attached the figure...i want to know how this circuits is working

p/s: sorry to reply at this thread...want to open new one...but i cannot open....
    [​IMG]

2. hutas832

hutas832 New Member

is it possible for this circuit to count up and count down depending on a varying frequency.. like when frequency increases the count increases n when it decreases the count decreases???

3. colin55

colin55 Well-Known Member

Eventually you will want to something special with the counter, such as ring a bell when it reaches 31, display letters, flash when it reaches zero or turn off when not used for 20 seconds.

The best thing to do is use a PIC chip such as PIC16F628A. There are lots of information on the web about this microcontroller and I have a number of counting programs that will do all sorts of interesting things.
    You just need a single chip, a few transistors and resistors as well as 7-segment displays.

Colin Mitchell
    TALKING ELECTRONICS.com
    talking@tpg.com.au

4. dave

Dave New Member

5. shaizi

shaizi New Member

hi..i'm working with the counter project now..i'd like to design counter circuit with number 0-9....the circuit must have up switch and down switch...

6. mishalkhalid

mishalkhalid New Member

counters

hi,
    i m working with counters i wana to display from 000 to 999. i used 74LS193 counter with accurate
    datasheet once it counted but never again:confused: i replaed many ICs but all in vein..........
    any suggestion? or any circuit diagram? n how connect 3 seven segment display? circuit diagram???????????????

Last edited: Jun 10, 2010
  7. mishalkhalid

mishalkhalid New Member

hi,
    retiredHAl
    would u like to tell me about counters?????? i've some difficulties

8. ericgibbs

ericgibbs Well-Known Member Most Helpful Member

9. maxll

maxll New Member

help me

hi..i'm also working with the counter project now..i'd like to design up/down counter circuit with number 0-99....the circuit must have up switch and down switch...

but now i'm using 74LS190 with 7 segment display.. the problem is what is the output should be? i mean the output current or the output voltage? should i add some resister or capacitor so that it would not damage any of my component?

Thank you very much..

10. ericgibbs

ericgibbs Well-Known Member Most Helpful Member

hi,
    Look at this link
    http://www.electro-tech-online.com/...asic-3-digit-led-decade-up-down-counter1.html

Do you have a circuit diagram you could post so that we can see what your problem is.??
    With a 74LS190 U/D counter you also require a 74LS47 , BCD to 7 segment decoder to drive a 7 seg LED.

11. ben7

ben7 Member

I do not answer to these questions because there is already circuits that are posted on this topic.:mad::mad::mad: